Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Engines > V6/I6 Ford Gasoline Engines

Old 07-28-2009, 05:59 PM

OLDRLBL is on a distinguished road
Yeah well you can put a cam on that's sick and all of sudden you have RPM's up the wazoo and no more torque down low. It'll also sound pretty tricked out. I guess I was just curious if anyone had a cam profile similar to any of the one's i mentioned and how they sounded/performed. I think I'm going to stay down load in the 5000 - 5500 rpm range with a 264 or 270. I heard this one on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xgYd2u79NU

The engine is pretty much the same as mine. That's about as much lope as I'd tolerate. I'm still planning the rebuild on that truck. I need to save up for it. I just passed my boards and I'm working as an R.N. Just got hired in the Emergency Room at a hospital in Miami and orientation is this Monday. I've been working as a tech in the Nursing float pool drawing blood and stuff but not much pay so now I'll have some cashola to play with soon since I've got my license now. It'll be a while but, I'll let you know if I want to buy your cam if you still have it. How much?

1975 F-250 4.9L Inline 6 (Runs great but plans for a teardown and rebuild are being made)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2009, 10:25 PM

OLDRLBL is on a distinguished road
Hey flareside when you say my biggest worry is going to be the lift are you referring to lifters, or suspension?

1975 F-250 4.9L Inline 6 (Runs great but plans for a teardown and rebuild are being made)