Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What brand brake rotors

I have about 42K on my '06 (see the AVATAR) and will be putting on new brakes shortly - getting spongy and are about gone. The dealer put rear rotors on just about warranty end (35.5K) so probably wont need these. I had complained about front shake - but his 'diagnostics' said the rears were warped. I disagreed but......and most of the shake did disappear. Now I'm going to put the front rotors on - my nickel (dime??) so am no longer bound by the normal less then great Ford stuff. The brake pads I'm using will be Wagner ThermoQuiet, p/n MX 1068 and 1069. I've used them before with good luck, and already have them as quite frankly, not really sure the "premium" brands (Hawk, EBC, etc) are worth that much more money. Now, I need rotors. The Wagners and Raybestos are reasonable and are usually good products. Web searching found these, and are a little pricy, but includes shipping:http://brakeperformance.com/site/br...cPath=1_5579_6288_20149_20156_63409&ad=google. Anyone have a comment on this outfit? I don't need frozen, drilled, slotted or made from unobtanium materials - only some that will work and not warp.smiliestirthepot

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
My prior brakes warped after a short period of usage (done at Les Schwab by the previous owner of my truck). After I bought the truck I installed some Raybestos rotors that I bought for a very good price at www.rockauto.com and I've had no problems with them whatsoever. Check our rockauto.com, great prices on parts and they've also got a great selection of Motorcraft parts too.

Thanks Skandocious

Rock Auto is often my source of supply for many parts that "can wait" for installation in a few days. If I end up with Raybestos or Wagner, this will be my supplier. As far as Motorcraft, most are great parts, but historically not brake rotors.

I'm surprised that others have not chimed in as Ford brake rotors are a great source of pain for many, at least to my knowledge.:headbang:

hmm, i put Motorcraft on Nans Lincoln and were trouble free. i think we put like 70k on it before we traded it in

hmm, i put Motorcraft on Nans Lincoln and were trouble free. i think we put like 70k on it before we traded it in

The OEM versions were fine on my two T-birds as well but my last 3 pick ups, '97, '01 and now my '06 have had issues with the OEM rotors as well as my wife's '03 Escape. Even my ancient and long gone '73 Torino wagon and my '86 Mustang GT were expensive in the rotor category. The brakes never wear out but the rotors get wavy. The wife's Escape only had about 28K and the rotors were worn beyond limits and wavy - but the pads were still at well over 50%, but were replaced anyhow by low/no dust Hawks. You don't even want to know about my '92 F250 - that one cost the dealership/Ford about $3000 at his cost to fix the brakes.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts