Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Heat Extractor Hood... New One

Storm

Looks like this hood has pissed me off.. This company is a piece of cowpie.. I'm turning it into a pasture surfing hood and forking the cash over to buy a $700 Keystone.. Everyone I know that's got a Keystone fit PERFECT.. Mine somehow got Heat Warped and now the passenger side is bout 1/4" above my fender line again (can't spell LMAO).. There's no way to fix it, it's fiber.. I'm not impressed with this company's hood.. I got it from Production Pronto in Dallas..

So.. Next month I'll be buying a new one and paying $500 to paint it again.. Here is some sketch work, I'm thinking bout two tone.. What do ya'll think? Two-Tone or do it straight black like my other one?

Trying to decide if the two tone silver matching my lower silver will clash WAY to much on the hood or not..

twotone.001.jpg

twotone.002.jpg

twotone.003.jpg

Last edited:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I think I'd go for solid black... The whole top half of the truck is solid black, I think it'd look a little goofy. Just my opinion.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Take it from a guy with a white truck, the glare coming off that wouldn't be pleasant, and it would look goofy unless you paint the roof to match. :D

Storm

Your right.. I'll just go black again lol.. Was worth a try tho :p

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
black is the only way to go... I have to ask, does a hood like that actually extract much heat? In theory it would create a low pressure system there with the airflow and pull it out. But, does it work?

Ryan

Storm

black is the only way to go... I have to ask, does a hood like that actually extract much heat? In theory it would create a low pressure system there with the airflow and pull it out. But, does it work?

Ryan

Oh it works.. I never did an underhood temp but I know it sure the hell defrosts like no tomorrow :p The vents are aimed right at my windshield.. Couple weeks ago I had a light ice on my windshield that would have involved me scraping it off in order to leave.. I started the truck, flip the heater on floor to warm up.. The window started defrosting and I put my hand down on the floor, air was still cold in the heater.. So it's working, it shoots that heat right to my windshield... I've noticed I can cruise in 35-40* weather and my windshield won't fog up like before..

Ford Truck Articles