Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

03 f250 7.3 oil pan

So I'm hoping someone here has some experience with thus and can give me some insight. My oil pan is rusted almost completely out and needs to be changed. I have notbeen able to find a write up on the engine pull and oil pan change. I haveabout two and a half weeks to pull it and put it back in (working on it stricktly when I'm not at work) and I amhoping someone will have some info that will make life easy. Thanks!!!

How in depth is pulling the engine. I am thinking of doing a write up on it when done because I cannot seem to find one myself. I live in ohio and everything else is on the underside of my truck is in good shape. the oil pan is shot it has corrosion all the way through.

Pullen that motor will be a headache and a half man. You got a decent engine lift to use? As for in depth for pullen it, hood, radiator, fan, intercooler then the more drive accessories you take off the better.

I'd try what Smokey said before taken the whole motor out. I swaped a 4.6 in a 97 F150 once.... and I'll only have done that once in my life. I'll never do it again. :headbang:

Can you post a pic of how rusted it is? I thought the oil pan on a 04 Jetta was rusted out until I cleaned it and turned out not to be that bad. I then in turn coated the oil pan with a spray on bed liner. Car came from Mass. and was in WI for 4 winter not to include how MASS treated there roads in the winter.

Last edited:
Update.
So I pulled the engine, replaced the oil pan, put the engine back in, all in all it went rather smooth, while it was out I replaced the up pipe gaskets and the turbo o rings because both were leaking, got it all put back together and fired it up for the first time, now its acting up... it idles wonderfully but when you hit the throttle it surges very bad. Anyone have any ideas? I'm supposed to be leaving at tge end of the week for a 10hour trip in it to jersey and I know it won't make it running like this.

Ford Truck Articles