Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New to this forum....

Hey guys,
My name is Frank and I am new to this forum. Anyway, I have '94 XLT longbed with a 300 six and 5 speed which died early last summer. The six was suffering from excessive blowby and the excess pressure caused quite a number of headaches, oil leaks all over, but the death knell was an under hood fire when the PCV popped out and a small crack in my exhaust manifold, ignited the oil spray and the resulting small fire burned part of the fuel rail and small part of the engine wiring harness. So now I have my excuse to do an engine swap. Last week, I met a gentleman who's into restoring old Ford OBS trucks and he sold me a 351(150k miles) from a '95 2wd F250 w/auto. I'm going to pair this motor to my 5 speed. For $750 bucks, I'm getting the 351, engine bay harness, radiator, perches, ECM(although it is for an auto), and a few other odds and ends.

I have a 351 flywheel along with a clutch kit which are coming from Ebay. I'm picking this motor up along with the rest of the other items today and I plan to stop by a car wash to degrease and clean out the motor while it's on the trailer. Once I get this engine home, I do plan on changing the valve cover gaskets, oil pan gasket, water pump and all the rubber hoses....can you guys think of anything I may have left out??? Btw, would the ECM be easier to get at with the engine out of the truck?

Frank

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
welcome to the site...

Well it took almost a year and a half to finish the swap but the wait was worth it. The truck drives so differently with the 351 under the hood....here are a few pics....

43917355404_ef64e9f75c_b.jpg

42650271500_fb9c6c2b51_b.jpg

29521129667_1f09fabe21_b.jpg

Ford Truck Articles