Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

the end?

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
do what in two what?

im saying for a back up vehicle, not a daily driver, or a weekend kinda ride. thats quite a few miles, for a back up, junk truck 250 miles a week is quite a bit. If my math is right... He will miss the truck.

racsan

4xford
heck, send it out in style, if your local fair has one of those tough truck contests, ( a course laid out with some small jumps, a mud pit and a long straightway with a big 4ft jump at the end) enter it and see how many parts fall off (if your body can take the beating) ive seen a few rangers do surprizingly well, most major breakage was a chevy blazer that snapped the r.f. wheel off the axle.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
What else would you do with it, Ian? Is it even saleable?

Ryan

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
^^^You seem to be under the delusion that most of us wouldn't consider that road worthy...hahahaha.

haha, I gotta agree. It runs, stops, has working lights, and all it's body panels. It's more than road worthy.

I'd keep it, and just fool with it on the side when you want too. If you get tired of it, then set it aside and don't mess with it for a while. Get bored, drag it out and mess with it again.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
What else would you do with it, Ian? Is it even saleable?

Ryan

I think that's the big question, right there. If you give up on it, is it going directly to the scrap yard, or can you still sell it and put it towards the bike?

Personally, I'm a firm believer in, it's paid for...where's the harm in letting it sit until that 'just in case' moment you kept it for, unless you're just that cashed strapped. Now I'm sure Chris stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, but I'm sure we've all tinkered and played with rigs for years on end and if we sold and quit every one that gave us problems...well I doubt this site would exist. Hell, Thunder has been sitting for a year and half because I was to intimidated to tackle the engine, the Bronco is currently sitting because I don't have the time to tinker...but my butt hung over that fender for what seemed like every weekend since I've owned it, until I got the Mustang. And with the exception of one wood hauling run, Red has been sitting for the last 6 months because I couldn't afford the $1500 in tires or $600 in steering parts. IMO, I'm no worse off for having let them sit either. And now after tinkering the last few weekends, I've been re-invigorated to get them going.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts