Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Electric Fan

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
I just got a electric fan for my F150 from a Lincoln Mark VIII and went picked up a Hayden relay Kit will this work ok? I bought the fan off of ebay and didn't come with a pig tail.

Any advice?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Most likely that fan wiring kit won't work. I went through all of that when I installed my taurus fan. It pulls to many amps on the high speed to use those prewired kits. The high speed needs a 75+ amp relay or you'll blow it. There's really no shortcut way to wiring the fan correctly. If you want help doing it the right way then PM me.

AH, call me Tom.. or whatever. just not "late for dinner" ;)

Good luck, cliff.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Thanks Tom, I've already been communicating with him via pm. And I doubt Ryan will be much help since he cheated and used a pre-wired kit :rofl:

I just got a electric fan for my F150 from a Lincoln Mark VIII and went picked up a Hayden relay Kit will this work ok? I bought the fan off of ebay and didn't come with a pig tail.

Any advice?

I put one of those babies in my F150 (2002) and they can move a lot of air, much more than the Taurus fan. The other member mentioned 75 amp relays and I would say that is good advice....I have used a fluke meter when the high speed comes on and it spiked at 88 amps for a split second.

Thanks Tom, I've already been communicating with him via pm. And I doubt Ryan will be much help since he cheated and used a pre-wired kit :rofl:

Alright... I just knew you were tied up too. Trying to stand up for ya....just in case you were otherwise occupied.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Chris one question will I need a relay kit for this? Never mind I re read it

Last edited:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Sorry Cliff I know I still owe you a diagram. I've been busy with Trista all summer. I'll try to get one up in the next day or two.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Sorry Cliff I know I still owe you a diagram. I've been busy with Trista all summer. I'll try to get one up in the next day or two.

You sent me one. I can resend it to you if you want to see if it is the same one.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
You sent me one. I can resend it to you if you want to see if it is the same one.
Yeah I know but at the time it was very poorly drawn and rudimentary. I only did it for myself for reference purposes when I was rewiring my fan. It needs to be cleaned up and made easier to read. Which is what I was going to do for you.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts