Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Need a little Help

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
After all this time my son and I have forgotten a couple of things on my truck engine we finally fired it up yesterday and a friend came over to help reset the timing.Here are pictures.

1.I know the pcv goes into the top of the oil filler cap but can't remember where the hose goes afterward.

2. the right rear of the right side valve cover has a rubber grommet and can't remember what goes there.

3.the upper intake has a port at the rear of it and one of the above is suppose to go there.

Help
[URL=http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s102/old_tired_rebel/100_0711.jpg] [/URL]

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Some of these trucks have the pcv going directly into the valve cover, so that rubber grommit might be for the pcv. As for the other end, on my engine, it goes back behind intake near the firewall.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Some of these trucks have the pcv going directly into the valve cover, so that rubber grommit might be for the pcv. As for the other end, on my engine, it goes back behind intake near the firewall.

Thats what I thought but the pcv went into the oil fill cap unless I have the wrong one

ford4life69

Uwasa Wahya
TEXAS
my engine is an 83 302 and here's where mine is.

IMG_0346.JPG

this is a better view of where it connects to my carb

IMG_0348.JPG

this is what i've got on the other side for lack of anything better at the parts house when i was needing to get it going. the stock connection runs from that grommet to the back of the breather to a small filter in there. mine never wld stay and when i put this one in i went with one of them round chrome breathers. i didn't wanna mess with poking the hole out and bla bla bla so i just went this route.

IMG_0347.JPG

here's what it will have once i get a new L shaped PCV to make the hose run the right direction...

IMG_0351.JPG

IMG_0352.JPG

ford4life69

Uwasa Wahya
TEXAS
oh well then that doesn't help you a bit does it... except maybe knowing that yeah it does go into the filler cap...

and to think i scratched my camera taking those pics thinking i was doing my good deed for the day ... :( the first scratch is always the hardest

at least now the next person who comes along with the carb version i won't have to go take pictures to put up... *shaking my head*

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
oh well then that doesn't help you a bit does it... except maybe knowing that yeah it does go into the filler cap...

and to think i scratched my camera taking those pics thinking i was doing my good deed for the day ... :( the first scratch is always the hardest

at least now the next person who comes along with the carb version i won't have to go take pictures to put up... *shaking my head*

Dang I'm sorry about your camera. I was so excited to get it running today I was posting vido's all over the place

ford4life69

Uwasa Wahya
TEXAS
i haven't ever had one that's fuel injected so when you figure the puzzle out i'd like to see pics just so i can see what the difference is.

don't worry abt the camera. i'm used to doing stupid stuff like that. i wldn't care if i hadn't scratched the stupid screen but it's my own doing and it's off at the edge and if i wasn't all ocd abt it being new it wldn't bother me that much. i say stupid things when i'm annoyed with myself that are prolly better left alone so feel free to ignore me when i do that.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
I found out last night that my truck has a 2 pcv system.One runs to the back of the upper intake and the other goes in the oil cap to the breather

Ford Truck Articles