Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Question about Turn signals

Hi Fellas

Got a question reguarding turn signal mechanism at steering column.. at the bone yard i saw a 85 truck with the steering wheel off and turn signal system exposed.. seemed like all the mechanism related parts were factory connected and buried so just taking the unit would be a hassle.. I followed the wired too an area under the dash where they were tied into an electrical connection block.. which could not be pulled from the top.. my signals work but Have too be held up or down manually... is there a after market kit too make this easier?....Any assistance is appriecated

As always

Dawg

1985 F350 Crew cab dually

Fellro

Staff member
The harness does pass though the column shell. You take the steering wheel off, then the lock plate, then you unbolt the turn signal and it comes out. The hardest part of the whole thing likely is passing the wires through the column.

don't forget that you need to take the wires out of the connector at base of column(markdown which one goes where) and then you can pull wires up

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts