Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > General > General Conversation

Old 05-05-2020, 09:05 AM
Arrogant A-hole At-Large

LEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond repute
Where are they now???

Not sure about you guys, but forum life/members, at one point in time, had a pretty profound impact on me for a long time. Whether it was wrenching or life related, or just a cathartic vent/post whore session. Some of these folks have become real life friends, others have drifted off...but I thought it would be cool to get updates/ask for updates (if available) on some of the folks that may not be as active anymore.

I figure there's no better place to start off than the original trio, slmann/bluegoose/o'rattlecan. I don't think I've seen anything out of slmann in years across any platform. Brad I'll see post from time to time on FB with mutual friends. Ryan I see post all the time and just sent me a couple books on Catholicism that I've just started reading.

Lil DQ...I seem to remember seeing him post on other platforms briefly after the FTF transfer, but been years since I think I've seen anything out of him

lennycarl...I used to see him post on mutual friends stuff, but haven't seen much out of him recently.

TexasNomad...I know he was a wild man around these parts for quite some time...always seemed like the type that would drop off grid, so not sure if anyone has been able to stay in touch even if they wanted to.

blacksnapon...Vince, loved that guy...did some amazing artwork that I still hang proudly in my foyer. Was never the easiest guy to get in contact with, the last time I did was to get some artwork done as an anniversary present for my wife probably 3-4 years ago, and I seem to remember he was having some health issues at the time.

Skandocious...I see posts pop up in my newsfeed pretty frequently, never really interact, but looks like he's doing well.

F150 cobra...Jurgen, really liked that dude too...really wonder what he's been up to.

mil1ion...Dennis, pain in the ass, but a wealth of knowledge and between him and Bill (numberdummy) really got me interested in collecting auto literature. Dennis was in several of my groups, but unfortunately passed away roughly 2 years ago.

Off the top of my head, that's the best I have that I haven't already seen semi-active over the last week. If you're seeing this and haven't posted in a while, give a status update...if you have any status updates on members, feel free to share...if you're curious where an old member might be, ask, someone might know.

'77 250 400 Boggers (show)__'96 350 CC 460 SSR's (work)__'79 Bronco 400 35's (play)

Quote:
Inspired by Ian
We live in a society that keeps finding answers to problems people never knew they had.
I bow my head to Jesus, stand for my family, love only one woman, and am always proud of what I have.

Standing by my gun and Bible since 1986.

Ben
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2020, 03:59 PM
Super Moderator

Super Moderator

SuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond repute
Jurgen and Carl I see on Facebook regularly... and Scott now and then. I'd be curious as to old Tex's whereabouts though if anybody knew

2011 F-150 XLT SuperCrew EcoBoost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
I have some other options if those don't work.

What's your view on sheep?
Old 05-25-2020, 10:34 PM

amkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond repute
Austin is on my FB feed, he’s doing really well. Chris I saw a post a while back on FB saying he was safe after the tornados. Lots of guys I haven’t heard off anymore, but then I have been a stranger here on FTF. I found with the more modern truck, it just wasn’t the same. This forum has always thrived with the bumps and dents, and even the brick nose (that was just for me, ha) I still would like to get another old Ford, but that will not be anytime soon, unless you guys are going to do a go fund me.....
Old 05-26-2020, 09:25 AM
Arrogant A-hole At-Large

LEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond repute
If we're starting GoFundMe's for trucks...I call dibs. Austin I still see a lot out of and stay in contact with. But glad to see you're still kicking Roy.

'77 250 400 Boggers (show)__'96 350 CC 460 SSR's (work)__'79 Bronco 400 35's (play)

Quote:
Inspired by Ian
We live in a society that keeps finding answers to problems people never knew they had.
I bow my head to Jesus, stand for my family, love only one woman, and am always proud of what I have.

Standing by my gun and Bible since 1986.

Ben
Old 05-26-2020, 10:29 AM

amkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEB Ben View Post
If we're starting GoFundMe's for trucks...I call dibs. Austin I still see a lot out of and stay in contact with. But glad to see you're still kicking Roy.
Thanks Ben, good to hear you are doing well too. Ill always be a FTF, just like all the guys in the Ol group.

Cheers!
Old 05-26-2020, 04:27 PM
Virginia Chapter member

Sparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond repute
i came here following a friend (cant remember who now) because they had issues on another site so i could stay in contact with them... which they left a couple weeks later... never hearing from them again.. but i stuck around because of the great group of people here.. unfortunately most of those have disappeared as well...

i miss chatting with yall and its sad to see the forum with so little activity on it now... especially for like i said a great group of people... wish yall would come back and post again... I know life gets in the way sometimes... kinda like mine.. between the not so new job that keeps me busy most days of the week and the new gf... i still try to peek in once a day.. but not seeing many new posts... most of them i see are people asking questions on the other vehicle platforms i cant help answer...

"I don't think the intelligence reports are all that hot. Some days I get more out of the New York Times. "
-John F. Kennedy

"I never FAIL... I succeed at finding what doesn't work."
-Christopher Titus
Old 05-26-2020, 07:04 PM
Instigator

heavydoc is a splendid one to beholdheavydoc is a splendid one to beholdheavydoc is a splendid one to beholdheavydoc is a splendid one to beholdheavydoc is a splendid one to beholdheavydoc is a splendid one to beholdheavydoc is a splendid one to beholdheavydoc is a splendid one to behold
I like this forum better than every other one. I came here cause Charlie said I should check it out. AND I AM DAM GLAD HE DID, CAUSE I LOVE THIS PLACE. I would love to see this forum put the others to shame, but I am select on who who I ask to check it out, just like @dustybumpers, Charlie did and does

"DOC"
Old 05-26-2020, 10:00 PM
hitech hillbilly

Admin

smokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond repute
FTF is like Home. It's a comfy refuse from all the crap that's going on. Like hanging out with old friends in the garage or hunting shack
Randy
Old 05-27-2020, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky83 View Post
i came here following a friend (cant remember who now) because they had issues on another site so i could stay in contact with them... which they left a couple weeks later... never hearing from them again.. but i stuck around because of the great group of people here.. unfortunately most of those have disappeared as well...

i miss chatting with yall and its sad to see the forum with so little activity on it now... especially for like i said a great group of people... wish yall would come back and post again... I know life gets in the way sometimes... kinda like mine.. between the not so new job that keeps me busy most days of the week and the new gf... i still try to peek in once a day.. but not seeing many new posts... most of them i see are people asking questions on the other vehicle platforms i cant help answer...
Hi Shawn!
Old 05-27-2020, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey View Post
FTF is like Home. It's a comfy refuse from all the crap that's going on. Like hanging out with old friends in the garage or hunting shack