Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What did you do to your Dent today v2

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
I have a 69 on the way! I've been bit by the C3 bug!
[emoji16]
6e54209d4e31b94f9a4916f026d193fe.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Putting up a new cold storage 2 car metal garage in the next few weeks....this will give me more access ALL year to the dents....easier to clean all year, start in the winter, less condensation, access to both in the summer to drive, etc, etc, etc,....can't wait. I'll post pics and a speed video of them putting it up. Apparently they indicate that they will show up with the building at 8 and be completely done by lunch.....going to set up my go pro and record them actually doing this!

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Nice!
Took me a week to put mine up by myself. Building only. Concrete took another week

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Putting up a new cold storage 2 car metal garage in the next few weeks....this will give me more access ALL year to the dents....easier to clean all year, start in the winter, less condensation, access to both in the summer to drive, etc, etc, etc,....can't wait. I'll post pics and a speed video of them putting it up. Apparently they indicate that they will show up with the building at 8 and be completely done by lunch.....going to set up my go pro and record them actually doing this!

Ground work all done and ready to place building on:
2020-08-04_12_50_13.jpg

What it's supposed to look like when they leave:
Untitled2.jpg

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Nice!
Took me a week to put mine up by myself. Building only. Concrete took another week

Cool....concrete almost doubled the cost of the build, so I just went with gravel underneath, then 6"'s of crushed rock....building is going to literally just sit on the rocks and they'll anchor it with 36" rebar.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
I did the dog building like that.
Later there was a sale on 2'x2' paver tiles at a local building supply. I scraped some stone out, and put sand in landing the tiles in there.
Worked perfect.
The dog is gone now, so it turned into the lawn tractor shead.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I did the dog building like that.
Later there was a sale on 2'x2' paver tiles at a local building supply. I scraped some stone out, and put sand in landing the tiles in there.
Worked perfect.
The dog is gone now, so it turned into the lawn tractor shead.

That's a real good idea.....but probably not for a vehicle to drive on. Cool though.

Especially in cold weather where the ground is going to move a lot.

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member
Stripped the paint off the replacement tailgate. Gotta fix a couple of dings and it will be ready for paint.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
BUMMED that the trucks are now tucked away till Spring 2021! oh well....it does feel good that everything is in order, meaning, they are washed, waxed, covered, protected (by predator pee and Gus' mouse deterrent), ready to start anytime throughout the winter.....which I'm not 100% sure is the right thing to do just yet....have done it in the past, just have heard different suggestions regarding cold storage.

One thing I will have left to do once it comes in from Amazon is put some carnuba wax on the wheels to prevent pitting. may even put them on the bumpers (another post).

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
This thing literally went up in like 8 hours total....pretty amazing.

One day, no building, the NEXT day, THIS building with working rolling garage doors and a side entry door....pretty wild.

2020-11-09_14_39_37.jpg

2020-11-09_15_31_51.jpg

2020-11-11_10_42_57.jpg

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Looks nice, Ken. Looks like you've got room between the trucks, also.

Yep, nice setup!

Thanks....tons of room in front and on the sides....I was able to wash the 77 while it was inside, using a step ladder and pressure washer......LOVE IT!

All tucked away for the winter though! :(

I did end up replacing the 77's front bumper as it got pitted beyond repair (to my liking anyways). That was kind of a quick fun little project for me.

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member
...I did end up replacing the 77's front bumper as it got pitted beyond repair (to my liking anyways). That was kind of a quick fun little project for me.

Cool, those quick, easy projects are very satisfying indeed!

Too bad you have to put them up for the winter. I won't rub it in that I get to keep mine out all winter, never mind the fact that your's are a lot nicer than ours, lol.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

Too bad you have to put them up for the winter. I won't rub it in that I get to keep mine out all winter, never mind the fact that your's are a lot nicer than ours, lol.

Thanks....the liquid calcium they put on the roads up here KILL vehicles if you don't stay on top of them and even if you did, it doesn't take long before rust becomes rampant. I've seen 3-5 year old trucks completely covered in rust underneath.

Our daily drivers get fluid filmed every other year to help.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
We are starting to see more of that out west, now, also. Lots of highway department trucks with tanks in the dump bed. There is a new car wash in Billings that charges $35/month for unlimited use. It is always full in the winter.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

Super satisfying for sure. Of course the project wasn't AS simple as one would thing; they never are, but not bad at all.

The frame parts that stuck out a little to where it bolts on started getting some surface rust, so I took an hour or so and sanded everything down with a cordless drill and wire brush attachments. Then I coated it with POR15, including inside those darn bumper guards that were still nice . Then a day or so after everything dried mounted the bumper (4 large bolts with lock washers). Two of the bolts on top part of the bumper weren't as easy to get to and required and angle bit. Then used my cordless impact wrench from harbor freight 'hah' to tighten everything down. Bumper guards had 4 small bolts that I was able to mount while the entire bumper was off; super easy. license plate frame wasn't too bad and also took off and mounted with the bumpers off.

We are starting to see more of that out west, now, also. Lots of highway department trucks with tanks in the dump bed. There is a new car wash in Billings that charges $35/month for unlimited use. It is always full in the winter.

Even the car washes don't help when calcium gets deep into cracks and crevices or inside frame rails or panels. This is why we fluid film all our daily drivers and still go through those car washes that have the underbody spray to help mitigate rust long term.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Found this when taking off the bumper that came with the truck when we bought it 12 years ago:

2020-11-12_09_59_08-1.jpg

Contacted the original owner/builder, which was a father/son build over 8 years (and the amount of detail in our 77 really shows it!) and asked if they wanted me to either send the entire bumper to them to save or cut that piece out and send it. He was SUPER grateful for my offer but told me to keep it and hang it in my garage or man cave, so that's where it's going.

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
Found this when taking off the bumper that came with the truck when we bought it 12 years ago:

2020-11-12_09_59_08-1.jpg

Contacted the original owner/builder, which was a father/son build over 8 years (and the amount of detail in our 77 really shows it!) and asked if they wanted me to either send the entire bumper to them to save or cut that piece out and send it. He was SUPER grateful for my offer but told me to keep it and hang it in my garage or man cave, so that's where it's going.

How cool is that! YelloThumbUp

Ford Truck Articles