Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

go big green!

racsan

4xford
its not mine, not yet anyhow, someday i hope it to be. dad bought it new in '96 to replace a '89 (also bought new) to pull a 27' travel trailer. the '89 pulled a 24' travel trailer. in some ways i liked the '89 more. i dont have a ny pics of the '89, it was a 2 tone blue/lt grey (they had alot of paint problems with this combo) it had a 302, creeper 1st 4 speed manual trans and 3.55's with 235-15 tires, manual t-case & hubs. the '96 has a 351,E4OD,electric t-case, 3.55's and 31-10.50 tires. it originally had auto hubs, but i swapped them out for manual milemarkers when the auto's quit working. the '89 dropped a valve at 80-90 K. he put a junkyard motor in it to trade it with. the '96 has only 70K miles on it now, back when he had the '89 it was his run-around vehicle as well as a tow vehicle. the '96 spends most of its service life towing, its just too thirsty to drive on a daily basis. with all its setting aroung, weird problems have occured. we've had to braze the oil pan, replace the rear diff cover and most of the steel brake lines have been changed. we also had to change out a r.s. radius arm. this truck was almost 30K new.
daves001.jpg
davesfile001.jpg
davesfile003-1.jpg
20081109_3.jpg
20081109_2.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Man that's really sharp. I love that body style Bronco...have/had a couple of the 87-91's too. I think Bronco's are just the most kick azz vehicle around. Only downside for me in the 87-91 era was the 302 seemed to be waaaaaaaaay underpowered and the AOD was garbage. Sounds like you'll be inheriting quite the '96 some day. Only suggestion I'd have is swap out them milemarker hubs with warn premiums and you'll be set.

racsan

4xford
yeah, i need to ditch those cheap manual hubs, while there better than the dead auto's, the other day dad couldnt get one to lock, the dial turned but it wouldnt lock in. dont know if moisture got inside the hub or what. after it was drove about 5 miles it did lock in. i wanted warn premiem hubs on it, but at the time i got what i could afford.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Looks good, if youve had to replace lines, and diff covers, im figure its kinda rusty underneath? Sitting outside does that to most stuff. I love that body style bronk the best. I got an 88 and its growing on me but id rather have the 92+ style.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts