Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Stolen - 2007 F250 Superduty

This may be my last post. I had my 07 F250 Super duty stolen from the parking lot of La Quinta Inn of Fairfield NJ in front of a camera, under lights, right in front of my room. Not sure exactly how they stole it because the camera was not working. I would just like whoever reads this that it took the crooks under 5 minutes to break in and drive away. No broken glass or signs of any break in and my alarm never went off. I can't believe just how easily it was taken.
I would like to thank this forum and the members who helped me get to know my truck and develop my confidence of maintaining my ride. It will be missed and between Newark NJ, Paterson NJ and NYC I don't think it will be recovered...and I only had liability.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
sorry to hear your truck was stolen dave... i hate thieves for this reason... you work hard for your stuff only for some lowlife to come take it...

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
i say killed.. revived.. then beaten till they die...

Sorry to hear that Dave , that sucks man. Hopefully there is some justice and you get it back.

May I also add that if anyone reading this stays at a hotel anywhere, remove EVERYTHING that may be valuable to you. The camera's at hotels provide zero security at all.
If the thieves beat me and took my keys there is absolutely nothing the cameras would be able to show the police. If a child was abducted or a woman raped there is no ability to even get a plate number and the hiway cameras are for traffic patterns. It's an absolute nightmare and my only hope now is to bring this attention to as many people as I can. Thank you for your responses. The thieves have a serious curse on them at this point and they will suffer in the future because karma sees all and you get what you give in this world.

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
Wow, sorry for your loss. Unless something changed, PATS is about impossible to defeat; with that said I'd say that the method of theft was either tow truck (proven way to steal Fords with PATS and as for alarms that nobody other than the owner even pay attention to these days, just clip the battery cable before the tow) or somewhere along the way, your ignition key was in the hands of a person who was able to clone the chip data over onto another key (IE, normally it takes two keys to program a unique replacement; to clone is to copy, it's not a unique key). I can think of a way to possibly program a new PATS key while in the vehicle, but that takes time, equipment and knowledge that most wouldn't have.

Let us know what becomes of this and what you do.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
i cant remember if daves truck was gas or diesel.. but the diesels are not equipped with the PATS system.. Gassers are though..

I had the factory alarm with a drivers side keypad code entry. The keys were with me in the hotel room. The thieves were in my truck and gone is only a few minutes. No alarm ever went off as the truck was right outside my window. The limited hotel cameras suck and could not even help get a plate number. Park at your own risk and have a nice day is what La Quinta Inn told me. There were no signs of any forced entry on the ground where I parked. Is it true that it only takes a screwdriver to break the door handle and gain entry and then why no alarm? The police could see that the truck was driven out of the lot. Please everyone remember if you park in what you believe is secure parking DO NOT LEAVE ANY VALUABLES in your truck and Hotels don't care about your loss especially La Quinta Inn of Fairfield NJ.

Ford Truck Articles