Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Something Shiney

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
Got me a little box from Rancho Cucamonga CA today... It contained shiney objects... Sure hope they solve my miss fire issue.. because the next 2 things in line are injector harness and ficm as theyre the only 2 things that i can think of to be the cause...

image_zpsnrciwl2s.jpeg

image_zpspjsfhzrr.jpeg

image_zpswvorg8i5.jpeg

tried ordering factory ones from a friend but 2 weeks later his still havent shown up.. doubt ill ever get them.. Found these online.. Guy had a really good rep... hope they work like the others who repped him did...

still cant get over how big these things are...

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
tore into the engine again today...

image_zpseh8myz1k.jpeg

one of these things is not like the other...

image_zpsimugnbot.jpeg

can you spot the difference..

image_zpsn35fhiaj.jpeg

pretty sure that is supposed to be in one piece...

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
No I can't but subscribed.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
well the coils should be firmly attached to the injector... and that long skinny bolt should be in 1 piece not 2...

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
seems happier now... although shes got air in the oil rail again.. so now I gotta live through that again...

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
That's cool, our Subcontractor just had 3 changed for a miss....had the whole lot done 100k miles ago with new Ford ones, he was a bit grumpy.
I'm sure mine are going to be due as well.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
I only did 2 even though I had codes for 3.. I didn't buy my new injectors bad... so will see how it goes...

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Hopefully it solves your problems.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
would be nice... i spent my paycheck for next week to get the 2 injectors :(

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
would be nice... i spent my paycheck for next week to get the 2 injectors :(

Be thankful you don't live here and buy a Cat one...$1800 each :headbang:

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
it was $1500 for 3 to be changed last time...

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
They sure are not cheap to work on!

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
They sure are not cheap to work on!

nope... thats why i did it myself this time...

I 've changed several with those bolts like that. All to often you can't find the nut.

i got lucky... Dad was going the whole time "your not going to find it.. its in the oil pan... "

little magnet wand found it...

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC

seems happier with the new injectors...

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
Still has a small feeling like its not running 100% right. But least it doesnt feel like its not struggling to run now. Also noticed with the 2 injectors now working that its actually getting over 180 on the coolant temps. But still not passing the 190 bar. Mc tstat mins at 192 to open. Highest i was seeing before was 175. Now im getting to 185. Figured id drive it around for a week plus the 3 hr trip one way to nc house next weekend. When i get back ill have the guy that scanned it last time scan it again for me to see what it says this time. If 7 shows up again i might just take it in again.

Hoping the 4 hrs i had the driver side battery disconnected cleared out all the codes it might have set during the last month

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts