Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

tx state inspection questions

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
ok...i apologize for such small questions but iv got a couple about texas state inspection sticker requirements....on a 1974 bronco....would i need to have side mirrors if i have a rearview mirror? and the guy says its straight piped...if it is will they pass it with it being that old?

radialarm

Clown of Death!
I thought it was the other way around on the mirrors, Don.

If you live in a non emissions county, then give it a shot.

I've been getting my truck inspected here for a while and they don't even look under it!!!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Best thing to do is hop on your state DMV site, see what kinda info you can get. If any of it is confusing, call your DMV.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
Most states that have inspections require one side mirror on a vehicle.
Exhaust not sure of but here they have to have a muffler even a burnt out cherry bomb works as long as there are no leaks.

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
well if they turn me down ill just go down the road to oreillys n grab a couple purple hornie glasspacks with the tip at the end and make a quick tun to my buddies house and sla em on after i cut the pipe back a lil so itll fit underthere all the way

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
a little southern inginuity is all ya need...i kno when i got the 84 inspected recently all they did for exhaust was put a towell in the end to see if it leaked they never looked n its straight pied....i think ill go back to that shop...i love their lack of care

Ford Truck Articles