Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Post a pic of your 87-96 and 97 F250's and up

The General

This is my 90 F150 4x4 5.0L 5spd. It is the first Ford, first 4x4, and the first V8 I have ever owned. So far the only mods are: K&N High Flow Air Intake, MPG+ wires, and E3 Diamond Fire spark plugs. More mods soon to come... smilieFordlogo

Attachments

• SAM_0297.JPG

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
Welcome to FTF!

Nice looking truck, what are your plans for it? we have lots of awesome motor and suspension guys on here, everyone is excellent at something and all are decent at everything so dont be afraid to ask

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
This is my 90 F150 4x4 5.0L 5spd. It is the first Ford, first 4x4, and the first V8 I have ever owned. So far the only mods are: K&N High Flow Air Intake, MPG+ wires, and E3 Diamond Fire spark plugs. More mods soon to come... smilieFordlogo

Welcome and nice truck. How does the E3 spark plugs do for you?

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
Before playtime
0819081759.jpg

Playtime
truckhill2.jpg

Sorry im being an image whore but seeing this thread again made me do it smilieFordlogo

Plans...

Welcome to FTF!

Nice looking truck, what are your plans for it? we have lots of awesome motor and suspension guys on here, everyone is excellent at something and all are decent at everything so dont be afraid to ask

I plan on a lift kit ASAP. I have very little room for my poor front tires, and with the price of those tires, i want um ta last. It sits on 33x12.5 BFG All-Terrain T/A KO tires. Also plan on finding someway of boosting the HP and torque w/o tearin inta my engine. New paint will be coming sometime (right now were calling it "Confedearte Gray") New stainless trim, new deer slayer bumper from somewhere, new rear bumper, and replacing all of the pieces that are broken.... Someday I would love to bolt in a HO 5.8L also

Attachments

• SAM_0303.JPG
Good....

Welcome and nice truck. How does the E3 spark plugs do for you?

They work pretty good. I also installed Granalti (h/e u spell it) MPG+ wires. The truck runs great, wont throw you back in the seat but itsa good ol truck w/ only 40,000 miles on it smilieFordlogo

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
Wherabouts are you located?

Any questions about suspension or whatnot feel free to post or shoot me a PM, ive been around a bit during the build of my ford

Thanks!

Wherabouts are you located?

Any questions about suspension or whatnot feel free to post or shoot me a PM, ive been around a bit during the build of my ford

Thanks. I am unsure exactly what kind of lift or what size I want. I wish to retain my 33x12.5" tires. I really need a lift kit on it, that I know. I got 2 fingers width of room between my front tires and fender, when the tires are centered. I also want to keep my dual front shocks, they are factory pieces. This truck had to be custom ordered from the factory, I say this because it is an XLT Lariat, w/ all the options (I think) but with a manual trans.

Thanks. I am unsure exactly what kind of lift or what size I want. I wish to retain my 33x12.5" tires. I really need a lift kit on it, that I know. I got 2 fingers width of room between my front tires and fender, when the tires are centered. I also want to keep my dual front shocks, they are factory pieces. This truck had to be custom ordered from the factory, I say this because it is an XLT Lariat, w/ all the options (I think) but with a manual trans.

Nope there are many, I know somebody with an XLT Lariat with a manual and an I6.

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
My 90 came from the factory as an xlt lariat, power everything, cloth interior, manual, 302, 4x4 (manual t case) extended cab, woodgrain dash inserts

Hmmm

My 90 came from the factory as an xlt lariat, power everything, cloth interior, manual, 302, 4x4 (manual t case) extended cab, woodgrain dash inserts

Dint think anyone even back then remembered how to drive a manual trans... Ford does not even offer it anymore. The engine and trans were the main reason I wanted this truck. Have you had any probs with the truck not wanting to go into 1st or reverse from a stand still? Sometimes mine refuses to go into either gear unless I rock the truck back n forth by puttin in inta 3rd

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
Well i dont have the half ton tranny anymore i swapped the M5OD for a ZF 5 speed (one ton..along with T case) at the same time that i did the 302-351w swap.

If you cant get it into gear or it grinds while going into any gear sounds like a synchro issue. OR something to check that tripped me up a long time ago was..pull up the shifter boot and check the alignment of where it slips into the tranny. I had an issue where i could not get the tranny into first and thought it was either a clutch pressure issue or a synchro issue but it turned out over the years the oval opening the shifter stick fits through had been worn more circular and the stick was twisting as i pushed forward and not going straight into gear. So definantly check that first!

Thanks!

Well i dont have the half ton tranny anymore i swapped the M5OD for a ZF 5 speed (one ton..along with T case) at the same time that i did the 302-351w swap.

If you cant get it into gear or it grinds while going into any gear sounds like a synchro issue. OR something to check that tripped me up a long time ago was..pull up the shifter boot and check the alignment of where it slips into the tranny. I had an issue where i could not get the tranny into first and thought it was either a clutch pressure issue or a synchro issue but it turned out over the years the oval opening the shifter stick fits through had been worn more circular and the stick was twisting as i pushed forward and not going straight into gear. So definantly check that first!

Thanks, I know the top plate was replaced right before I bought it. If I shut the truck off, then put it into gear, it works just fine. The only problem is with the engine running. I am completely new to all of this. I never had anyone learn me how to do this stuff so I am havin to find it out on my own. Ima git this truck right before Im done. How hard was the swap from the 302 ta the 351? Someday I want to do that for more power.

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
The swap was a complete ***** top be perfectly honest. the main issue was going from a 1990 302 wiring harness to a 1993 (the year of my parts truck that the motor/tranny/t case/ rearend came from) 351 was absolute HELL!

After all the time and money it took to custom splice the two harnesses together i wish i had gone with my original plan of a 429 carbed!

I had so many people telling me that the harnesses would be the same and the motors had the same mounts and whatnot and it was all BS as far as im concerned.

The exhaust didnt line up, i still had to adjust the motor mounts, the harnesses didnt match up at all...

The only easy thing was that i was swapping tranny and motor the same so i could make it all fit at once

One Day....

The swap was a complete ***** top be perfectly honest. the main issue was going from a 1990 302 wiring harness to a 1993 (the year of my parts truck that the motor/tranny/t case/ rearend came from) 351 was absolute HELL!

After all the time and money it took to custom splice the two harnesses together i wish i had gone with my original plan of a 429 carbed!

I had so many people telling me that the harnesses would be the same and the motors had the same mounts and whatnot and it was all BS as far as im concerned.

The exhaust didnt line up, i still had to adjust the motor mounts, the harnesses didnt match up at all...

The only easy thing was that i was swapping tranny and motor the same so i could make it all fit at once

One day I will do a swap. Exhaust for me is not a big problem... My exhaust ends at the back of my cab lol Some previous owner ripped the cat off and just replaced it with dual pipes and 2 glasspacks. The sound is awesome! We do not have emissions testing, or any vehicle testing for that matter, here in Alabama so...Im pretty safe. Looking for ideas on how to increase the power w/o tearin my engine completely apart...

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
yes i was cut off after the first cat which was gutted. the issue is the stock y pipe is too narrow for the 351 manifolds (i ended up running 302 manifolds to true duals...which later changed to a custom welded y pipe dumping through a 8" glasspack)

Cool

Thats cool. I wish I had the ability to do what I want to this truck. It still runs great and only has 40,000 miles on it. Havenot been ablet to take it thru the mud yet, but have played with the 4x4 a lil bit. Working on locating parts that will accomplish what I am looking to do W/ this truck

F350 Stakebed Still for Sale

Here's an '89 (same year as my F150) F350 stakebed thats still for sale at the local dealer. They even lowered the price by 1k and it's still unsold. Truck has less than 50k original miles! 7.5L V8 5 spd.

I want to buy this so bad but wife says no, even though red is her favorite color. However I don't think I would like to put up with single-digit gas mileage.

Attachments

• 2FDKF37G0KCB42352-1c.jpg

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
heres my big boy 1996 f350 crew cab xlt 7.5l automatic a.k.a. "hoss" or "land yacht" as my friends say, mostly stock exept rims and flowmaster, planing some minor tweakage

Attachments

• new truck2.jpg
  • new truck 1.jpg

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts