Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

The truck I thought was gone..

I haven't posted on this site in quite some time. Sold the 89 f250 I had a couple years back and been out of a Ford since sadly. Until today.. Before I post the picture of the truck, here's some back story.

Back in early 1966, my great grandfather (moms grandfather) bought a brand new 1966 F100 Custom Cab short bed with a 300-6 and 3 speed on the tree. He drove it up until he passed away (can't remember the exact year). It sat undriven for a good while until about the time I was born in 1996, when my dad decided to pull it out and get it going again. He drove it up until 1998 when my parents got divorced and it just sat in the back of the yard since. The house where it sat was abandoned around 2006 and the truck stayed. It was already pretty rough at this point, but I still wanted it, just had no way to do anything with it since I was so young. A couple years back, the property sold and I thought the truck got crushed by the new owners....

But I was wrong. Turns out, my aunt had went and pulled it out with her husband and they saved it, but I had no idea that they had it. I went over to her house earlier this afternoon and see a portion of a slick peeking out from behind her house. I start to freak out a little on the inside thinking there is no way that it's the same truck. It is. And she wanted to sell it. I walk around it thinking of all of the memories I had just staring at this thing as a kid wanting it so bad. I go talk to her about it and she says it hurts her to see it just sit. I ask how much she wants for it, not knowing what number to expect. She hits me with a price of $130, the price she paid to have it towed to her house. I started shaking I was so excited.

I'm going this weekend to give her the money and try to get the brakes unstuck so it will roll onto a trailer and bring it home. Words can't even describe how happy I am right now. A truck I thought was gone forever is now in my life again. It's gonna be a pretty slow process of bringing it back to life until I get finished with remodeling my house, then it's game on.

I'll stop boring you all now and give y'all the picture. I only have one right now. Will grab more this weekend.
fdf02c1d2d936864b4733a38fb95441c.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I really dig a good back story and this was a great story to go with a great looking truck!

Definitely looking forward to seeing the progress unfold!

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
nice to see its back home..

That Is Amazing! I know EXACTLY how you feel!

Grats man! Looking forward to your updates!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
I'm beyond excited about this. For several years I thought it had gotten crushed. I never thought I would see it again, let alone own it.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
I'm gonna need all the luck I can. First order of business is a brake job. All 4 corners are locked up.

thats the perfect anti=theft device imo... :rolling laugh:

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
lol agreed... like a dead battery... lol

Got the truck home yesterday afternoon. Here's some pics I took before the weather got too bad. I'll update more later on today if the weather stays decent.
4c36c981b8b9ea593bd3ccc40dd1f67a.jpg
bc4ba770203bb5d3125e15fc034575cd.jpg
aaa993edd9635b44d08ddc16c52f2c54.jpg
ed0deec1f424c0d0c27a19e5207ca163.jpg

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
looks like your going to have a lot of rust repair to do...

Ford Truck Articles