Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My cam kit is here...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
and here it is:

DSC04231.JPG

It's the DEH-255 K-kit. I thought the K kits were all inclusive, but I was wrong, so I'm gonna have to order some push rods. I'm thinking these: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CCA-7837-16/ will fit the bill, correct?

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Congrats man!!!!!YelloThumbUp

The pushrods look to be right, they're the same ones in my '79. They have held up well to 6k rpm flogging!!!smiliepeelout :rofl:

Looks like what I picked up about 5 years ago for Whitey, except mine was the 265 DEH k-kit.

................prepare to be amazed as you wake up a stock 400!!!!!!!!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Thanks Lee...I'm pretty stoked. This is the first cam I'll be throwing in for myself, so I'm excited about that. And in a couple thousand miles, when the cam is good and broken in, I can't wait to see what it'll do for the light(ish) and short wheelbased Bronco.

YEah those pushrods are a bit better than stock with the same exact dimensions. But why are you changing your pushrods?

If it was me, I would take a stock pushrod and the best looking pair of stock rocker arms (those things tend to be worn when this old, thats why testing on 2 is a good idea) and check were my preload is on both rockers. If its anywhere between 1/4 and 3/4 of a turn id buy the new ones, that way if Im planning on using pedestal roller rockers like the scorpions which is a popular must have, I wont have geometry issues and wont have to buy another set of pushrods. If you are certain you are keeping the stock rockers, then go ahead.

Anyways its just a precaution cuz those cams should have the stock base circle...

If theres one thing you learn on a long run is "you never know".

Nice by the way and good luck!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Thanks for the info Joe. The reason I was going to get new push rods is because I figured it wouldn't hurt to go new, while I was in there. I am going to keep the stock rockers because I don't have the cash to lay out for them, and I don't have the time at this point to wait for them. As always, thanks for the help and info.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yup, looks like the cam I suggested when you called me.

Yessir, still haven't dug in to see if it's multi or single groove valve locks. The kit came with single. The Bronco hasn't been touched in a month. So I still may be ordering from you yet. Thanks for the help and info and landing me on what I needed.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I gotta say, I'm really impressed with Summit on their shipping with m last few orders. My cam kit was back ordered and it got to me a week before they said it would ship...I got it in 4 business days. I got the break in oil next day. I ordered the push rods yesterday at about lunch time, they're already delivered. I dunno if they've implemented new policies or because I've called and complained about poor shipping or if it's because I told them I no longer wanted UPS service, only FedEx...regardless, they've been great.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Did you get a hat and some stickers with it ?

No hat...but I got quite a few stickers, which are good for another 50hp and all the catalogs they offer. The stickers, however, will be slapped on the tool box. I swear, I probably have the fastest tool box on the planet.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
LOL I have stickers on my toolboxes too. It's about the only good place for them. I hate seeing a rear window full of parts stickers on trucks.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
LOL I have stickers on my toolboxes too. It's about the only good place for them. I hate seeing a rear window full of parts stickers on trucks.

Yeah...I put the stickers on everything BUT my rigs. My laptop and desktops are covered with them, my tool box is covered with them, my safe is covered with them, my gaming consoles are covered with the...hell, my little brother even puts them on cheap guitars.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
im gonna catch ya.... my tool box is gonna get covered with them...

I think I have some breathing room, when I ordered the carb and intake for the Bronco from Summit 2 years ago, some how, I got a 12"x4"x4" box of Comp Cam, Holley and Edelbrock stickers. Literally about 100 of each. I probably only have 1/4 of them left though. Maybe they put the entire complementary sticker box in my box instead of just a couple stickers. Then add on the pile of stickers I get every time I place an order.

I think I'm gonna have to start building my air compressor in to a rowdy beast as well.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Woot woot...my heads are done and picked up. Got em disassembled, hot tanked, valve job, new guides and reassembled with the new parts for $150. I thought that was a damn good deal.

From now on, I'm gonna go with who I want in the first place. My buddy who is a chevy guy (I'm using his shop for my swap), suggested one place...but I heard bad things. Then he suggested another place he goes, and does in fact do good work...so I figured I'd give them a shot. They had my heads for three days, called me, the message got screwed up, when I got there my heads weren't done...and they just wanted to tell me they were too busy to do them. So I brought them to my guy, done in less than 24 hours and about $100 less than I was expecting.

Side note, one of the spring retainers that came with my kit was no good, it had a terrible fit...so he reused one of the original Ford retainers.

Now all I gotta do is throw everything back together.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Thanks man...the Bronco has been sitting since Memorial Day. I'll be glad to park Red once again.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts