Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Show me your 351m!

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
That's right Ben post some damn pics of Reds engine!!
Or face the wrath of the Monkey..
51.gif

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah Tex...Red has a 400, and she's 5 hours away in storage, but I'll be sure to get her pics this summer some time. But hold on...I'll run down to the Bronco in a bit and snap some pics.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Alright Tex...since you asked here she is. She's ugly, but for being 30 years old...I think she's held up well, and you just can't kill her.

DSC02432.jpg

I think this is what you call, 'polishing a turd'
DSC02433.jpg

OOOOoooOOOO...look at that new MC:
DSC02435.jpg

The new $40 radiator from John (2HI2CU)...thanks again Bud:
DSC02436.jpg

Warped valve covers, nasty stock exhuast mani's:
DSC02437.jpg

The absolute best right out the box street carb:
DSC02438.jpg

DSC02439.jpg

DSC02440.jpg

Yeah, she starts reeeeeal good. 875cca, 1000ca:
DSC02441.jpg

Can't forget the new oil SU:
DSC02444.jpg

Holley/Eddy combo...shoulda gone Holley/Weiand:
DSC02445.jpg

Some fan, alternator and pulley shots:
DSC02446.jpg

You guys like the witness marks from a loose alt. belt??? When in doubt, tighten her up...haha. Actually, just noticed it, and tightened it...gonna get a new belt tomorrow. Wouldn't doubt it's the one from the factory...haha:
DSC02447.jpg

Straight Motorcraft baby, well the oil filter anyway:
DSC02449.jpg

The Holley fuel pump:
DSC01676-1.jpg

My kick azz clear fuel filter...hahaha:
DSC01679-1.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
is that big chunk of metal on the fron driverside of the motor the AC?

On the driver's side????? You mean that circle looking thing with the other goldish thing sticking out? If so, no, that's the brake booster and Master cylinder. The A/C is that big black boxy looking cover sticking out on the passenger side.

Looks good for bein mostly stock and yes the air cleaner is polishin a turd.

Hey...for 30 years old with nothing more than a carb/intake upgrade, I'll take it. So I take it you don't like the bling I added?????? HAHAHAHA

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I thought Red had a 351m .... Hmmm Must be confused with some thing else.... never mind then :D

Nope sure doesn't...rule of thumb...turn a 351M into a 400 ASAP. But for the record, Red had that S code from the factory, so she's always been a 400.smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Naw its alright I was just sayin. i actually thought about puttin some chrome v/cs I got layin around on the 360 when I did the gaskets but it woulda looked pretty dumb with chrome valve covers and everything else oil covered.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Ben, tisk tisk , no fan shroud? And no Sandersons, I'm dissapointed :p

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Naw its alright I was just sayin. i actually thought about puttin some chrome v/cs I got layin around on the 360 when I did the gaskets but it woulda looked pretty dumb with chrome valve covers and everything else oil covered.

HAHA...I knew what you were sayin Dan, just givin you hell. Just give it time...my ol' girl will be better than new in a few months...feels like I've been sayin that for about 6 months now.

Ben, tisk tisk , no fan shroud? And no Sandersons, I'm dissapointed :p

Hey Lee...you know what...Shut the effe up...haha. Yep, no fan shroud...the one D had wouldn't work, then another member offered me one...but after shipping it would be about the same in price as just buying a new one from JBG. As for headers...again, I hate you. But to be honest, I really wanted it to be a budget build...so I was considering going cheap with some Hooker Super Comps...but I just dunno. Those would be the only ones I would consider outside of the Sandies. But MAAAAAAAAAAYBE...if my guy at Doug Thorley is still serious about building those Tri-Y's for the 400 that they made in 1980-81...then I'd throw those on Red and put the Sandies on the Bronco. But here again, they said they'd have to make 3 sets of the tri-Y's...and even at that, it would be $8-1200 a set, you know 2 other people that would be willing?

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Looks like i found the a/c bracket and comp for my '79. Ben, your lack of belt tells me you don't use it and want to get rid of it.......cheap?! :devil:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Looks like i found the a/c bracket and comp for my '79. Ben, your lack of belt tells me you don't use it and want to get rid of it.......cheap?! :devil:

Nope wrong...the lack of Belt says it's still R12, and outta coolant and the PO took the belt off. It still spins free with no play though. But I plan on converting it and getting it up and running and possibly having it run dual purpose as OBA.

Nope wrong...the lack of Belt says it's still R12, and outta coolant and the PO took the belt off. It still spins free with no play though. But I plan on converting it and getting it up and running and possibly having it run dual purpose as OBA.

You could always jump on eBay and buy some R12... :p

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
It's still expensive, and I'm pretty sure there are some uber fines that can be had if you're handling it without a license. After two or three cans of R12, I coulda paid for anything I needed in a conversion and a couple cans of 134a.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts