Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Post a pic of your dent

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I don't care if its a short bed or not, your truck is freakin' Awesome!!

chuck101st

Springfield XD-9
Downs,IL.
There's something about your truck that I loooooooooove too. Something about it just screams TOUGH to me. I dunno really what it, but she looks like a good ol' tough work horse.[/QUOTE]

That's what she was before I bought her. Just an old farm truck. Still not much more. She needs a bed, doors , cab corners, anti-rattle kits and on and on. But like I said she gets the job done.

the scoop was on it when i got it but it loooks like a mercury cougar scoop that just gets studs through the hood and nuts on the underside.

before i got a truck i had the plan to get a boss 429 scoop and cut it down to about 2" but this was as good or better so it stayed.

havi

third member
Unroadworthy, AKA Big Orange here's an old pic
78bigorange.jpg

Attachments

• 78 big orange.jpg
Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

havi

third member
Here it is from this last summer dieing a slow death. I'll redo it someday...hopefully soon. It was my very first vehicle.
l_7cd2c538f9bc37b711c39742e9bff0ca.jpg

June 1978 10 days after I bought it

TruckPic6.jpg

September 1978 ,4 months after
TruckatMorley.jpg

Truckon1A.jpg

In Vegas

July 1986 , Note Wire Wheels

1988, Note: Alloy Wheels

TruckatBownessPark2.jpg

December 2001, On Sabbatical
Truckinfrontofhousewithsnow.jpg

2006 Rainy Season

July20thstorm2.jpg

Last edited:
My 77 that I bought in 2006.

77truck3.jpg

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Dennis, that pic you have in 1978 4 months after you bought it, looks like it should be on a Ford Truck Brochure/advertisement.

The truck looks at good now as it did then. Other than replacing the wheels, did you do any other work to it?

Havi, you still have a good project there someday. As Ben said, looks like it was a fun truck.

Okay, you asked.

The Evolution of the truck in a album on the other site.
It lists all the changes I made

Undercoating,Rust Proofing,CB Radio,Bug Deflector,Roof Lights,Curtains (because there is a sleeping bed in the back),Lighting & Stereo in the back,Rear Chrome step bumper,Front Bumper Guards,Running Boards, Intermittent wipers,Cruise,Vanity Mirror,Trailer-Tow package,Hood Lock,Fog Lights,Bosch H4 100/140 watt headlights,Headlight guards,429 CJ

On Dec 12th 1985 The Truck came within $700.00 of being written off, If I hadn't taken such good care of it the insurance company would have written it off.A person to me left slide thru a stop sign and I smashed into him. He was going so fast after I hit him he went thru a hedge, across the yard 110 FT and then slammed into a tree totalling his Jimmy
My truck was in the body shop from Dec 12th, 1985- March 3rd, 1986 awaiting NOS parts which I demanded,and the stripes painted on

Over the years:
The truck was backed into by an Oil service truck (1981),backed into by a Firetruck (1985), Ploughed into a Car that veered into my path at 50 MPH (1993), had suffered 3 hailstorm causing 3 hoods.
My favourite story was getting stuck in the sand at Muscle Beach California.
Not being a California dude and not knowing about sand driving, I needed a firm path to get out, so what did I do ?
I asked the person who lived across the street of I could borrow his fence boards as I needed something that was side and wouldn't sink. Seeing my predicament,He obliged and I rebuilt his fence better than than it was, before I left.

The 400 died in 1990 and I replaced it with a 429 CJ from a 70 Torino and had 285,000 miles in it.

The truck as it sits today, has close to 600,00 Km's on it and is waiting for a new carpet to be put in.

Last edited:

havi

third member
still have the Torino?

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
First day I got it. No transmission, no chrome:

1stdaytruck01.jpg

Now:

exteriornew01.jpg

Picture027.jpg

Ok, I guess I'll whore out my rides a little. Many of you have probably already seen my blue '77 beater, here it is again.

Current specs are: 1977 F150 Custom, 73 bed, 3/4 ton 4.10 geared axles from a '78 F250, 36" Goodyear Wrangler RT/II military tires, 4" lift, steering linkage from a '79 F150, '76 100mph speedo swap, dying 351M (no compression in #1 and #2), C6, NP203.

Future plans: Replace cab with a rust-free '79 F100 Ranger cab, 460/4spd/Np205 swap. Then its gonna hit some truck pulls, mud bogs, and anything else that I feel like doing with it.

IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg

IMG_0775.jpg

Here are some older scanned pics of my other dentside. Sorry about the crappy quality, These were taken about 3 years ago before I got my digital camera.

Current specs: '79 F250 Ranger 2wd, original paint, 50K original miles, 460/C6, A/C, cruise, tilt, 2-tone paint and interior. Swapped 1/2-ton spindles and 9" rear to gain 5-bolt pattern, 3" DJM dropped beams, 5" rear spring-under flip kit, C-notch, 100mph speedo, 3-spoke sport steering wheel, welded-in roll pan, Flowmaster 2.5" exhaust.

As I write this the truck is currently torn down for what started as a tranny rebuild, but in the process I beefed the tranny clutch packs, installed a shift kit, TCI Sizzler torque converter. The 460 is getting some head porting, Edelbrock 750 carb, Performer intake, Lunati Voodoo cam/spring package, Heddman headers. I also picked up a used Doug Nash Engineering auxilliary overdrive unit that bolts behind the C6. I hope to have it back on the road this spring as soon as they stop dumping salt all over the roads.

scan0011.jpg

scan0009.jpg

Last edited:
Dennis, that pic you have in 1978 4 months after you bought it, looks like it should be on a Ford Truck Brochure/advertisement.

You Know Buck, That was the idea when I set the photo up.

Just Like my Mustang Photo, next to a farm yard with a horse and barn in the pic.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I took some pics of my other 79.
P1300047-1.jpg

He's a old pic of my messy engine bay, I wish there was a 393 sitting there.

Last edited:
still have the Torino?

The 429 CJ came out of my friend Phil's 1970 F250.
He was putting a 390 in it cause he was a BIG FE Fan.

He died (Young) working on his truck in about 1998,I heard he got an article of clothing caught in the fan blades while he was tuning it up, caused some problems ,he ended up on the floor and was taken over by carbon monoxide fumes.

I have really missed him, he was great guy.

This happened about 14 months after he built the fastest 37 Ford Street Rod in Calgary.
A Boss 532 Hemi.

I helped him with this car. I'll see if there is anything online about him .
That guy peed DARK Blue. Ford guy through and through.

Ford Truck Articles