Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Special Interest > Off-Road

Old 10-11-2020, 10:12 PM
crank polisher

Blue-Truck-Nut97 is a splendid one to beholdBlue-Truck-Nut97 is a splendid one to beholdBlue-Truck-Nut97 is a splendid one to beholdBlue-Truck-Nut97 is a splendid one to beholdBlue-Truck-Nut97 is a splendid one to beholdBlue-Truck-Nut97 is a splendid one to behold
Looks like a great time!

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2020, 07:44 PM
sawmill slave

primetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond repute
It was a good time. I enjoyed myself. It is beautiful country. Lots of water, woods, back country to explore. Everywhere you go has something you have to deal with. Ours is winter.

This part of Red Bridge where I was camped is mostly sandy so there`s lots of Oak and various Pine. Farther south down Red Bridge road is where you find the Ash, and Maple, Aspen, and mud. That`s where my buddy and I like to go for fire wood.

Couple of observations from the weekend. I think I`ll get the seat cushions. The seats aren`t bad, but they might be nice. It also has a propensity to wheel hop in the sand. Quality shocks seem like a good place to start. A traction bar may be on the list. Time will tell. The junk steering shock needs replaced. It has`nt been an issue around the house, but it was on the trails. Lot of bump steer. You`ll have that with 42s.

It saw probably 45 ish on pavement for about a mile. It was kind of a handful. I may want to check out the king pins and steering linkage lol. Course, the tires only had 15 psi, but it`s light and they don`t look low. They were at 25 when I showed up. I lowered them 10 to help the ride. I probably could have lowered them 15 to 10 psi.

Onward and upward.

Justin

With a little luck and a greenback dollar you gonna see me shine.

Old 10-15-2020, 07:47 PM
Texas Chapter member

Jasperrc has much to be proud ofJasperrc has much to be proud ofJasperrc has much to be proud ofJasperrc has much to be proud ofJasperrc has much to be proud ofJasperrc has much to be proud ofJasperrc has much to be proud ofJasperrc has much to be proud of
Glad you got to get out and enjoy some beautiful country!

'77 F100 Flareside

"If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway."
Old 10-19-2020, 07:27 PM
sawmill slave

primetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond repute

I took it out for a little ride yesterday morning to a local lake we like to camp at. I had cruised through there Saturday night and noticed what looked like a truck that belongs to a down state friend of ours camping. He hadn`t seen it and it seemed like a good idea to take a ride. It was raining and in the 40s. Wife said I was out of my mind lol.

Anywho, it`s 13 miles away down gravel side roads. I did 45 mph until the last 5 or 6 where it gets a little rougher. It did well. Visited with our friend and enjoyed the ride.

So on the way back I decided to head down a trail I`d never been down before but I think cuts through the woods and intersects with 6 Mile Hwy. It might but it meanders through the woods and I came up on a downed tree across the trail and turned around. On the way in I was idling along in 3rd and hit a couple bumps that jarred it pretty good before I had a chance to slow down.

I didn`t think anything about it until I was in the garage this evening and noticed a puddle of oil under it.

Yep, front axle smacked the oil pan and put a hole in it. The bump stop is gone on that side and I`d forgotten about it. But that`ll happen lol. Rear main seal is leaking also so I guess the engine is coming out. I don`t remember if I changed the seal when I put the engine in. I generally do as a habit, but it`s been a couple years and I forget. But I`ll modify the pan and get a bump stop on it.

It is what it is and I`m not sweating it. Growing pains. I`m just glad it didn`t rip a bigger hole in it and I made it home. I probably ought to think about getting the oil pressure gauge on it lol.

Justin

With a little luck and a greenback dollar you gonna see me shine.