Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Bed Off, ROTTTT

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Took the bed off the other night after work. Yea I got my work cut out for me this time.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Like swiss cheese and mega thick flake crust lmao....ill get some close ups so you all can laugh just like me!

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
That blows my mind how such new vehicles rust out like that!

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Holy carp! :headbang:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
That blows my mind how such new vehicles rust out like that!

Not me.....see below.

You guys away from the rust belt have no idea how bad it really is here.

What Randy says......I see rigs like that up here all the time.....it's the calcium and road salt they use in the winter and people not taking care of their vehicles during this time (meaning undercoating and/or washing underneath).

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
wow!! serious rust :(

heated roads would sure be nice

I think they've tested heated roads in CT if I remember correctly.....it's expensive to set up, but would be super nice.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
I called a guy that ive gotten Super Duty parts from, he says he thinks he has a frame. Ill cut what I need. I really just need from middle of wheels back in the rear. Rest of frame is solid.

I just can't believe the rust you guy's get there - I wonder how you'd go getting a 8 foot length of 3/4 pipe and drilling holes in it at 6 inch spacings then having it hooked up to a pressure washer - set it up in your driveway (need to be heated) and get one of those pressure pads you see in service station forecourts to turn it on as you drive slowly over it .... that would get rid of most of the salt every time you come home.

There has to be some way of counteracting it though ..... does it do any good to spray something like fisholene under there before the salt season starts or does that just wash off?

Man,they just dont make good metal any more....:p

It just dont seem like that year of a truck should have a look
of a model t thats been laying in a field for a 100 yrs....
Do they salt the roads?...:scratch:

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
The spray a "brine" down there now, its like 100x worse then rock salt. My truck was like white all winter it was so bad here. Super hard to keep it off. I usually wd40 after every powerwash.

Truck has 213k on it, and I think it had a salter in the bed. Thats prob why its so bad back there, since the rest of the frame is in good shape.....good enough for a few seasons.

I know that they sell a coating for chassy.The park that I work for has an
all aluminum swimming pool,They use to use a clorinated rubber paint,but
the manufacture discontinued it...Thats some awsome coating,its tough as
nails.This year I bought the last remaining gallons off are local paint store.
I want to get a gallon from work an use it for my chassy,under body
coating.It withstands chemicals & seals better.

If you can find some old stock at your local paint store,then it may work
for you...:)

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
I ordered the steel today, didnt ask price. gonna get 2 4ft sections for the rails od C channel, and a piece 3ft as the rear cross member. Guy told me 800 for a crew cab long bed frame, he didnt want to cut off what I needed. Yea not payin 800 for a frame I dont need.

Ford Truck Articles