Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

retreads---good/bad idea?

racsan

4xford
shopping for tires, got new rims on order. (15 x 8's) found this site -> https://www.treadwright.com/p-9-31x10-50r15-warden-a-t.aspx not much experiance with retreads, aside from seeing treads along the highway from semis back in the day, prices are great, not sure how durable they would be though, or how much shipping would be. thinking of 31-10.50's wifes blazer needs a set too, and 235-15's would work for it.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
They have come a long way, I wouldn't hesitate...when I was looking at an RV, it was the only practical way to go.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
I used to run retreads all the time. The local tire shop makes them and they were great. Never a problem.
They make them still but I don't like the tread pattern they use now.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Anybody had any experience with the Kedgegrip tires? They have ground up walnut shells, which create a new sipe when the tires wear down, and the shell fragment falls out.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Anybody had any experience with the Kedgegrip tires? They have ground up walnut shells, which create a new sipe when the tires wear down, and the shell fragment falls out.

Mine are kedgegrip. I don't know if it makes a big difference or not. I just know me tires are great on ice and snow.

Ford Truck Articles