Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Diesel War Numbers, Chevrolets turn...

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
"The GM/Isuzu 6.6-liter Duramax V-8 diesel for 2011 will make 397 hp and
765 ft-lbs of torque. That's about 100 ft-lbs more than 2010 GM diesel,
and about 30 ft-lbs more than the 2011 Ford.

Here's how the torque wars are set for 2011

Ford .. 6.7L V8 .. 390 hp, 735 ft-lbs
GM .. 6.6L V8 .. 397 hp, 765 ft-lbs
Dodge/Cummins .. 6.7L I6 .. 350 hp, 650 ft-lbs"

Last edited:

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
This made me LOL:

Untitled.jpg

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
They last pretty good right now, so whatever that means...

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
^^^ Good point. We can't let our love for Fords become a flagrant bias. Search out the truth, don't settle for blind "fanaticism"

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Dammit...I was hoping the maxipads numbers were not going to be above the Ford this time.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
How about the turbo lag on the new maxipad? Did they use a reverse-head design to eliminate turbo lag? How about gas mileage? Those mileage numbers for the 6.7 were pretty incredible.

Last edited:
I say big deal...that difference is TQ/HP ratings is close enough as to be insignificant. The lack of a solid axle up front on the 4wd GM makes it a poor choice regardless IMO.

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
There's no arguement regarding the axles, mileage etc....I'm just tired of the smug look from a buddy..:rofl:

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
When I checked the owners manual for the truck I bought (It was used) there was a piece of paper that said there was a flash installed in the truck (it was a factory Ford flash, and the paper was Ford stationary), and it's now making 400HP with 800Ft/Lbs of torque. Does anybody else have a sheet like that? Anyway, compared to my 6.0 my 6.7 pulls like an APE.

Gunner

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
The durajunk wasnt that good, i work at an independent shop, the only way to go is a gas motor lol, no diesel is a good one, other then the old 7.3 or a dodge 5.9. Too bad the dodge was a terrible truck becides the engine, and fords are awesome becides the diesel engine. The chebs are just junk, 08s+ are already all rotted out wtf

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
The durajunk wasnt that good, i work at an independent shop, the only way to go is a gas motor lol, no diesel is a good one, other then the old 7.3 or a dodge 5.9. Too bad the dodge was a terrible truck becides the engine, and fords are awesome becides the diesel engine. The chebs are just junk, 08s+ are already all rotted out wtf

This isn't a gas vs diesel debate......and all diesel motors are junk, other than the 5.9 cummins and the 7.3?:rolleyes:

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
I think it's safe to say that Ford, GM, and Dodge all offer a lot more HP and torque than the majority of owners will ever need or use. I do grin at the "wonder how the D-Max will last" comments that I still see, though. That motor's been around for over a decade, and has a solid rep inside the industry and with the fleet users that buy them in large numbers.

Also of interest, the Silverado/Sierra HD's finally got a chassis upgrade in '11 so the truck can actually match the capabilities of the powertrain. GM's still stuck on IFS though, so in the LD (150/1500) market, GM outsells Ford while in the HS (2500 and up) market, Ford outsells GM.

I could've typed that same sentance back in 2000- nothing's changed.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts