Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

spring Carlilse

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I was there on Thursday. Huge waste of time. Parking was more expensive and they would not let my father park in the handicap spots even with a legitimate handicap placard and made him walk pretty far to get in. Last trip to Carlisle for us and we've been going for years. There was nothing but junk on Thursday there.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
Mostly Chevy stuff nothing to great this time I agree.
I got in free this time a couple of guys gave me 2 4 day passes for free.
Haven't bought anything yet may pick up a few lights and some stuff from eastwood.
Still walking the grounds just sitting while the wife looks at jewelry.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Dang...sorry to hear that guys. Funny thing was, when the FTF group with me started complaining about all the Chevy stuff at the Charlotte Autofair...everyone said if we want Ford, Carlisle was the place to go.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
All Ford nationals at carlilsles is Ford.
They had a lot of mustang and t bird stuff there today.
I think the weather and fuel costs kept many if the vendors from coming. There were a lot if empty spots.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Ford nationals does have a lot. Glad to hear you got in for free Randy. The $30 spent for one day not including gas for the 3.5hr trip each way was not worth it for me this time. And to have to find out we can't even park close even though my Dad has a handicap placard was annoying especially when the handicap spots were all empty.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
It's a 3 hour drive for me. The wife likes going more than I do. She spent a wad of cash in jewelry and other stuff. I gathered up mustang catalogs to order parts I need to finish restoring my 73 mustang.

I was there on Thursday. Huge waste of time. Parking was more expensive and they would not let my father park in the handicap spots even with a legitimate handicap placard and made him walk pretty far to get in. Last trip to Carlisle for us and we've been going for years. There was nothing but junk on Thursday there.

I think I would have had to ask a police officer about that one. Those spots are required by law.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I think I would have had to ask a police officer about that one. Those spots are required by law.

Depends . If its for the show itself or what may have been a required Fire /truck Ambulance staging area . I And By law it had to be kept open . Thats why they offer wheel chairs at the one gate . To get away with it.

But In last 30 year of my going Thursday was always worst . But deals r to be had.

Very few Ford let alone truck parts any more . A bed or fender aftermarket stuff about it . Used to be a Complete truck at every show being parted out .

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA

Depends . If its for the show itself or what may have been a required Fire /truck Ambulance staging area . I And By law it had to be kept open . Thats why they offer wheel chairs at the one gate . To get away with it.

But In last 30 year of my going Thursday was always worst . But deals r to be had.

Very few Ford let alone truck parts any more . A bed or fender aftermarket stuff about it . Used to be a Complete truck at every show being parted out .

Ford Truck Articles