Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Changes

Michigan
also, while we're telling you what to do - your old avatar was better
The one of the license plate? lol il see if i can dig that one up. I might have deleted it...

Keep in mind that carpeting is a pretty decent sound insulator.
Understandable. I get what your getting at but i also heard hurculiner is a pretty good sound insulator. That will be later down the road because i would have to take my side panels out, rear seat and hinges, front seat and hinges, (sand blast all those while they are out) concil and do something with my transmission access cover. It was just something i threw out there and i would love to just hose the inside out and go over it with some cleaner to make it look good.

Aww poo... I don't wanna boy a part like that on ebay... I'd be very suspicious as to the quality of the product unless they explicitly state the brand name (and it's a REPUTABLE one).
Chris just buy em. I bought my rear tail lights from ebay and they are awesome. Other than dont over tighten the screws :(

Mike I took the pics of my flares, and my redneck marker. I didnt put the sharpie in the right spot. I drilled a few holes, and made a few lines before I was happy with the line. Then taped it out. You get it. Lol
Good idea man. C what i would like to find is something more glossy. I want the same idea only continue the liner all on the bottom up to that first line, then under my door and my rockers, then back to the other rear fender. Also the bottom edge of my tailgate and take off the carpet piece and use it there as well. Do they have anything more glossy. Great idea for the tool. Il definatly keep that in mind when i do mine. I dont think im going to go up as high. Thanks for posting those pics man i got even more ideas running through my head now! I think around the wheel wells il go up about an inch and a half. Just enought to cover it up go to prevent it from rusting again. Also gotta get the sandblaster out and im gonna sandblast the whole inner lip. Thats gonna be fun, il just jack the truck way up and take the tires off so i can sit right under there. Thanks for the ideas everyone, anyone else got any more ideas?

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
When I 1st did it it was more glossy, it faded. Its been like 3 years. I am going to do the bottom part also when I get time, I got some rust issues on the back left part of the bed, fixed it once but its back, and I got to change out the front fenders, 1 is gettin rust bubbles, and 1 is all dented from a job with my uncle, im gettin a fender out of him so its all good. I had to go high to cover up the rust. Mine was pritty bad on the front so thats y mine are high, i was orig planning to just trace out the factory flared part, but I messed that up. Oh well

Michigan
Yea that rust sucks. I dont know about stuff like rust bullett or anything, but to me they dont work. You need to cut it out, and add new metal. Thats what im planning on doing, my rust on my quarters is not that bad. mostly pin holes, so i plan on drilling those out and welding in new metal, grinding flat and add a little filler to smooth it out.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts