Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

****FTF Adds Real Time Chat***

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
It has been talked about for some time and here it is. Real time chat.

Ford truck Fanatics is proud to roll out it's newest feature, a real time chat box.

The chat box is located at the bottom of the forums list and is available for all registered members to use.

The same rules apply to the chat as on the rest of the forum. It is moderated as well as logged just like the regular forums.

Were hoping this newest feature will be of great benefit to the membership.

There was discussion as to where to locate the chat box, top, bottom, pop up, own window etc. Ultimately with the chat client we choose to use we decided to locate it at the bottom of the forums page. I am sure there are good arguments for placing it in a variety of different places but the administration ultimately decided the bottom of the forums list suited our particular needs best.

Enjoy and chat responsibly.

ftfchat.jpg

Last edited:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Bumpity bump for those that didn't see this (I was one of them for a while). To clear up some of the confusion, the chat box is at the bottom of the forum INDEX page. This is the forum page that shows all the different forum categories.

Come join us!

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Scott is pushing buttons again and stumbled on a good one.

If you click the title bar of the chat it will open in a new window and hopefully make chatting and surfing FTF a bit easier.

Nice job Scott!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
HAHA...I actually mentioned that in the chat...good addition and definitely makes it more user friendly.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
It is now also available to open in a new window by clicking on the "FTF Chat" in the title bar.

Not seeing it on the black theme? [confused]

EDIT: I see what ya'll mean now... and it works. I thought there was a button at the top of the page on the navigation bar or whatever it is..

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hey guys...I may be crazy, but I thought the chat used to automatically post responses, like IM sorta. Now it takes a while to refresh unless I push the button to see new posts. Has it always been this way, and I didn't notice...or was a button pushed or lever pulled?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts