Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Special Interest > Motorcycle/ATV

Old 04-28-2020, 12:20 AM
hitech hillbilly

Admin

smokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond repute
1984 Honda Big Red

I got a 84 Big Red yesterday last it was ridden or started was in 1985.
The air cleaned turned into dust when I touched it the throttle slide was seized in the carb. Got it free with a heat gun cleaned it up with a little carb cleaner and stuck it back in.
Squeeze a little gas in to the carb and gave it a pull. It fired up on the 2nd pull battery is beyond dead. Carb is leaking float is stuck. Have to pull the carb and clean it proper. And get new oil and a air cleaner on it before I let run any length of time.
Have another one in the barn that my Dad had hasn't ran in 15 to 20 years. Its a basket case but with Marland on Covid lockdown I may try to get it running again.
Randy

Last edited by smokey; 04-28-2020 at 12:22 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2020, 05:10 PM
hitech hillbilly

Admin

smokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond repute
Got the old girl running tonight. Had to get a little mud on the tires.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Randy
Old 05-01-2020, 08:13 PM
Texas Chapter member

Jasperrc has much to be proud ofJasperrc has much to be proud ofJasperrc has much to be proud ofJasperrc has much to be proud ofJasperrc has much to be proud ofJasperrc has much to be proud ofJasperrc has much to be proud ofJasperrc has much to be proud of
Nice! I had one of those many years ago, mine was a 200cc I think? Fun ride!

'77 F100 Flareside

"If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway."
Old 05-01-2020, 08:33 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, fun but scary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Strippers, ammo and SKS, wow, that is almost sig worthy!!
Old 05-01-2020, 10:44 PM
hitech hillbilly

Admin

This one is a 200cc. I would bet I put 4000+ miles in riding 3 wheelers. Never a wreck a few pucker moments. Now give me a 4 wheeler I will crash and burn within a 1/4 mile. I have flipped all but one or two that I have rode.
Randy
Old 05-10-2020, 08:03 AM

heavydoc is a splendid one to beholdheavydoc is a splendid one to beholdheavydoc is a splendid one to beholdheavydoc is a splendid one to beholdheavydoc is a splendid one to beholdheavydoc is a splendid one to beholdheavydoc is a splendid one to behold
I had a couple of 250R's back in AZ around the mid 2000's. They were alot if fun, except when turning fast. Did a few barrel rolls, but hey never spilled or dropped my beer!
20 Kenworth T270

"DOC"
Old 05-10-2020, 10:07 PM
hitech hillbilly

Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavydoc View Post
I had a couple of 250R's back in AZ around the mid 2000's. They were alot if fun, except when turning fast. Did a few barrel rolls, but hey never spilled or dropped my beer!
Thats all that matters.
Randy
Old 05-11-2020, 03:51 PM
caffeine junkie

Super Moderator

john112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond repute
I've got a few miles on three-wheelers...mostly pretty tame riding, a few pucker moments but I never wrecked one. Like Randy, I find 'em easier than 4-wheelers...at least in a lot of ways.

Lots of fun...they just opened up some of the roads in town to registered ATVs...kinda makes me want one more, since I could take it for a ride right from my door.

1997 Ranger XLT 4x2, 2.3L 4-cyl 5-speed -- 2009 Ranger XLT 4x4, 4.0L V-6 5-speed -- 1986 BMW R80

The advantages of modern engineering are in many ways over balanced by the disadvantages of modern civilization.
--Col. W.A. Roebling
Old 05-16-2020, 11:08 PM
hitech hillbilly

Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere View Post
I've got a few miles on three-wheelers...mostly pretty tame riding, a few pucker moments but I never wrecked one. Like Randy, I find 'em easier than 4-wheelers...at least in a lot of ways.

Lots of fun...they just opened up some of the roads in town to registered ATVs...kinda makes me want one more, since I could take it for a ride right from my door.
They allow them on the backroads here if you get a county sticker.
Randy