Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

o5 explorer, no start unless key cycled many times

Did this post help anyone?

• Total voters
I have a 05 Explorer, it stalled out on me and now it wont restart normally. If i cycle to key from on to off 10-15 times it will start and run but, it dies soon after. I'm wondering if it is the pcm or the fuel pump or what it could be. Plz someone help I've already changed the spark plugs and ignition coil, as well as the fuel filter, plus the alternator too. oh and new battery too.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I have a 05 Explorer, it stalled out on me and now it wont restart normally. If i cycle to key from on to off 10-15 times it will start and run but, it dies soon after. I'm wondering if it is the pcm or the fuel pump or what it could be. Plz someone help I've already changed the spark plugs and ignition coil, as well as the fuel filter, plus the alternator too. oh and new battery too.

May I ask why you attached a poll to a technical question?

blacksnapon

Staff member

Fellro

Staff member
There should be a hookup on the fuel rail on the motor.

blacksnapon

Staff member
I think on his, it's an electronic fuel rail pressure sensor (no Schrader valve). We have a tool that taps in to the fuel rail that has the valve on it.

Ford Truck Articles