Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

hope some one can help 2.3 swap

:headbang:
keep in mind im jumping in on this project after two young men thought they had it done.
ok basic started out minor clutch an trany swap from 93 {$300}parts ranger son and buddy decided 93 motor had less miles so just swap motor too! makes sense, except 96 wiring harness is different!!
now first question , does the 93 have a crank sensor and cam sensor and where are the little buggers
second question can I make the 96 harness work {I belive 93 had ingnition modual an 96 don't ?}:(

blacksnapon

Staff member
:headbang:
keep in mind im jumping in on this project after two young men thought they had it done.
ok basic started out minor clutch an trany swap from 93 {$300}parts ranger son and buddy decided 93 motor had less miles so just swap motor too! makes sense, except 96 wiring harness is different!!
now first question , does the 93 have a crank sensor and cam sensor and where are the little buggers
second question can I make the 96 harness work {I belive 93 had ingnition modual an 96 don't ?}:(
camshaft position sensor is under the belt cover (wires come out on driver side of the motor behind the cover). Crankshaft sensor is on pass side of harmonic balancer.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts