Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Brand New 2000 F250 Sd

Ok, So It Is Brand New To Me. Super Clean, Very Minor Rot Rear Bottom Of Cab. Its A Real Nice Black 250 4 Door (actually A 3 Door / 1 1/2 Doors Each Side) Super Cab. Only Have A Few Minor Problems. Maybe You Can Help Or Point Me To It.

1) The Blower Only Has High Speed. I Changed The Resistor Bank And Dash Switch. Still Only High Speed. Is There A Relay Associated With The Low Speeds? Is There A Fusible Link? Can't Find A Wiring Diagram For It.

2) When I Put Gas In It, The Guage Can Take As Much As 5 Minutes To Register. Bad (saturated) Sending Unit? Lazy Guage?

blacksnapon

Staff member
PINPOINT TEST I: THE BLOWER MOTOR OPERATES CONTINUOUSLY IN HIGH SPEED
CONDITIONS DETAILS/RESULTS/ACTIONS
I1 CHECK THE FUNCTION SELECTOR SWITCH

Set the blower motor speed to maximum.

Check for blower motor operation in each function selector switch position.

Does the blower motor operate in all of the function selector positions except OFF?
Yes
GO to I2.

No
GO to I3.
I2 CHECK CIRCUIT 261 (OG/BK) FOR A SHORT TO GROUND

disconnect Blower Motor C168

disconnect Blower Motor Resistor C169

disconnect Blower Motor Switch C168

Measure the resistance between the blower motor connector C168, circuit 261 (OG/BK) and ground.

Is the resistance greater than 10,000 ohms?
Yes
INSTALL a new blower motor switch. REFER to Section 412-04. TEST the system for normal operation.

No
REPAIR circuit 261 (OG/BK) for a short to ground. TEST the system for normal operation.
I3 CHECK CIRCUIT 399 (BN/YE) FOR A SHORT TO GROUND

disconnect Function Selector Switch C296

disconnect Blower Motor Relay

Measure the resistance between the function selector switch connector C296 pin 3, circuit 399 (BN/YE) and ground.

Is the resistance greater than 10,000 ohms?
Yes
INSTALL a new function selector switch. REFER to Section 412-04. TEST the system for normal operation.

No
REPAIR circuit 399 (BN/YE) for a short to ground. TEST the system for normal operation.

Thank You For Your Suggestions. I Will Try And Get It Into The Shop In The Next Few Days And Check It Out. I Will Let You Know What I Find.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts