Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2011 F250 6.7L Diesel Transmission Issues HELP!

2011 Ford F250 6.7L Diesel Truck Transmission Issues! Help! The truck randomly will go straight to 5th gear and will stay there. When I say go straight to 5th gear, I mean when I turn the truck on and put it into drive it will randomly (this has happened before and ford couldn't figure out what was wrong with it and it went away) go straight into 5th gear and throw the maintenance wrench and the check engine light. It is currently stuck in 5th gear again. The other day when I got in the truck, I went to put it in gear and it shuttered and threw the maintenance wrench but not the check engine light. Put it in park and went back to drive and it was gone and worked fine. What could be wrong?!

blacksnapon

Staff member
Shift Concerns: No 1st Gear, Engages in Higher Gear

Possible Component Reference/Action
215 — ROUTINE
Powertrain Control System
PCM (gasoline engines), Transmission Control Module (TCM) (diesel engines), external vehicle harness, transmission internal harness, Shift Solenoid A (SSA) , Shift Solenoid B (SSB) , Shift Solenoid C (SSC) , Shift Solenoid D (SSD) , Shift Solenoid E (SSE) , Pressure Control Solenoid A (PCA) ,Turbine Shaft Speed (TSS) or Output Shaft Speed (OSS)
CARRY OUT the Key ON Engine OFF (KOEO) and Key ON Engine Running (KOER) self-test. READ and RECORD the DTC(s). Go to the appropriate pinpoint test for that DTC. REPAIR as required. CLEAR the DTCs. TEST the vehicle system for normal operation.

Incorrect Gear
Main control failure
DETERMINE which gear the transmission is in. Using the scan tool, MONITOR GEAR, GEAR RAT AND TRAN_RAT PIDS .

Clutch Plates
Forward (1, 2, 3, 4) clutch friction and steel plate — failure
INSPECT the forward (1, 2, 3, 4) clutch assembly for damage. REPAIR as required. REFER to Transmission — Overhaul in this section.

Ford Truck Articles