Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Floor all welded

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
smiliewhathesaid That's what I do.

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
nope wrong code. try the IMG code it gives you on the bottom of the photo (or to the left side)

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Ford003.jpg

How's that?

You need to put
after it. I think you can copy it with those "tags" from photobucket if you want.

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I was poking around underneath the truck. The left shock mount is rusted through and just hanging there. The frame is still solid. I just ordered a replacement.

I dunno how far along you are on this rebuild...but I have a feeling you'll be doing alot of this if you're in your early stages...be prepared to empty the pockets. The floor does look good though.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Floor looks good. Take pics when you do the shock mounts

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
That shouldn't be too bad to fix.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I dunno how far along you are on this rebuild...but I have a feeling you'll be doing alot of this if you're in your early stages...be prepared to empty the pockets. The floor does look good though.

Unfortunately that's the way it goes. When I first saw my truck, I thought it was in pretty good shape. After inspecting and tearing down, I never used one body part that was on the truck. Wait, I take that back, I used some chrome.

And there's nothing wrong with having someone else help you weld. I had to because my welding is crap. Keep up the good work.

78F250

New Jersey Chapter member
I now have working door locks. My son never had the door keys. He never locks anything anyway. I've been sticking my arm through the vent window to unlock the truck. I ordered two new locks and put them in today. It came with square head keys so I ground the corners down to round it some. That makes it easier to tell which is which for me.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
I now have working door locks. My son never had the door keys. He never locks anything anyway. I've been sticking my arm through the vent window to unlock the truck. I ordered two new locks and put them in today. It came with square head keys so I ground the corners down to round it some. That makes it easier to tell which is which for me.

Where in the world did you order them from?lol.They're supposed to be round for the doors,square for the ignition,not the other way around.You should order an ignition cylinder,cause I betcha it comes with a round key.lol.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

Sweet man...just outta curiousity...did you just leave your wing windows unlocked? Cuz 78 shoulda had locking wing windows...doesn't mean they weren't swapped though.

Where in the world did you order them from?lol.They're supposed to be round for the doors,square for the ignition,not the other way around.You should order an ignition cylinder,cause I betcha it comes with a round key.lol.

Mine are keyed the same...takes any confusion out of it.

Ford Truck Articles