Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Bandits 72 Ford Truck

My clamps will be here tomorrow so after work and taking my girls to gymnastics I had a little time left so I unbolted all the components to get it all cleaned up and ready for the VHT silver high temp paint.
I'm hoping to have it back in and go for a little spin in the truck sometime this week or weekend.
My oldest girl and I now call "My Mistress" due to my time spent with the truck in the shop.

I managed to get the exhaust all painted up and reinstalled on the truck and it sound great! All I have to do now is add one more hanger to the mid pipe area and its all complete. Oh and I have a header flange hitting the cross member that scared me to death as I thought I had a knock in the bottom end of the motor!
Oh and I put my first mile on it today driving her up and down the road here at the house!
Talk about someone being excited and nervous at the same time!

Attachments

• IMG_0398.JPG
  • IMG_0414.JPG
  • IMG_0415.JPG
  • IMG_0418.JPG
A little update on my truck.
Got most of my loose ends buttoned up and was able to drive it over to my dads shop and get it up on one of his lifts. Got the trans pulled out and installed the new Stall converter as well as fixing some of the little leaks that the C4 trans are known for like the band adjustment nuts linkage seals and so on.
Oh and managed to slice open my hand while doing that as well..
reinstalled the trans and got it full of fluid again and drove it back to my house all in the same day.
Looks like tomorrow I will be headed to get the tag on it if all goes well and I have time after work.
Time to put the ol truck back to work again!

Attachments

• IMG_0540.JPG
  • IMG_0537.JPG
A little update on my truck.
Got most of my loose ends buttoned up and was able to drive it over to my dads shop and get it up on one of his lifts. Got the trans pulled out and installed the new Stall converter as well as fixing some of the little leaks that the C4 trans are known for like the band adjustment nuts linkage seals and so on.
Oh and managed to slice open my hand while doing that as well..
reinstalled the trans and got it full of fluid again and drove it back to my house all in the same day.
Looks like tomorrow I will be headed to get the tag on it if all goes well and I have time after work.
Time to put the ol truck back to work again!

Ouch ,well at least you didn't scratch the truck!...:)

Drive-ability has improved By leaps and bounds from the first time i actually drove the truck. Having an automatic transmission with a B303 cam is a little tough as everyone tried to tell me but the converter fixed most of those problems as well as doing a little more tuning on the carb and getting the idle adjustment screws set right.
I just returned a few minutes ago form driving it around and putting about 35 miles or so on it after work just because I wanted to go ride in it.

Ford Truck Articles