Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Truck and Aluma Bed Install

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
So I finished the frame work on the F350. Took all back apart and undercoated it all and put back together and reundercoated where i attached things plus all the shock mounts, spring perches, shackles, shocks, springs. I used tons of antiseize on all bolts.

I fixed all the aluma bed mounts that were broken, fixed the back rack the best I could and welded it all back together. Added some bolts also vs just welds. Undercoated the steel frame the aluma bed mounts to.

Gonna marry the bed to the truck tomorrow for good.

My aluma welds didnt start out very good, got alot better at the end. Lol

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Close to the end, just waiting on lights now. Ordered them all last night.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
I got the fuel filler hose and fuel vent hose today and I relocated the filler to outside the bed. Id like to mount it higher but I need a diff filler neck. Also fixed all the trailer wiring, the 7 pin and 4 pin and installed that. I also hooked the stock lights up so I can drive it around while the new lights are on the way.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
I was gonna sell, now i like it and maybe will keep, who knowssss

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Lol well im def keeping the V10, its just so nice to drive and not perfect yet! The 91 is way too nice, so ill keep that till i decide on what to do with the diesel. Im enjoying driving it, and yea some more work to it today!

Test fit the stacks. Didnt feel like super modifying the splitter pipe today.

They will not be that tall!

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Its turning into a real redneck truck lmao

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
I got the lights today and got to work when I got home, yea the suck to pop into the bed, but the wiring was the best, so many damn lights, lots of shrink wrap butt connectors with the goo on the inside! The back rack lights are the next set to do, and make all the new wiring into a loom and nice looking.

No stacks for now

Made 5th wheel cover, couldnt find aluminum diamond plate so I had some steel diamond plate at work I used

All my lights came today

I like it, better power to weight ratio with the v10 and aluma bed versus say a diesel and stock bed? speaking of which, whatcha do with that? ;)
And does that bed tilt/dump? Would be a nice wood truck, eh? U up in the Pine Barrens?

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
The bed ended up being tilted back. When I was installing it was level untill I was done, wtf oh well, Maybe caus my floor in my shop at work isnt level. Yea Maybe I need to lower the front eventually. No dump, just mounted to bed.

m78 thats my garage, there is a pole barn in the back thats more useless with no doors, power, or a paved floor. That garage isnt really good enough for what I work on, trucks dont fit in, doors are too small, trucks too long stick out the back when they do fit in.

clutch that truck is a 7.3L PSD, the xcab long bed is the v10. That 7.3 hauls $$$$$, the aluma bed is mounted to a huge steel frame, truck went down when i dropped it all on it.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Here are some more pics, finished up the lights, the clear lights are on a toggle switch, the red ones are stop/turn/parking
Taped up all the harness that I made

Wire loomed all the harness

Put the back rack lights in

Used toggle switch that was already in the dash for the back rack clear lights

A little show of light

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Nice job Chris!...cool to see good jobs like that!

Ford Truck Articles