Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My '68 F100 w/Retail Sales Order

While looking for something else, I uncovered the retail sales order for my '68 F100 Ranger. Check out the pricing....

68F100.jpg

68F100RetailSalesOrderLarge.jpg

The chrome molding charge was deleted. By itself, the molding was an extra charge option. It was included in the deluxe and deluxe combination two tone paint option.

Back then the two tone option came three ways:

Two Tone.....Accent color roof only

Deluxe Two Tone.... Accent color only on lower body side below the character line (bump)

Deluxe Combination Two Tone.... Accent color roof and lower body side below the character line (bump)

I was 17 years old working 7 days a week out of town in Des Moines, Iowa as an equipment operator making union scale of $5.325 per hour....I ordered the truck, it took 3 weeks to get it, and I paid cash.

Whats the lettering on the side of the bed ?
There's one like that but orange rather then green a couple blocks over from me. Been sitting a while.

Back in the day.....The state of Missouri required ALL trucks regardless of GVW to have the name and town of the registered owner along with the licensed GVW so it could be seen from the scale house which ALL trucks regardless of GVW had to cross. The reason for the town of registration, was because of 'local' and 'beyond local' license and to determine at a glance from the scale house your compliance thereof. In short, the law was written as just a truck law before the popularity of pickups exploded and thus there was no distinction given in said law. Obviously it's different now....and has been for years...

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I was 17 years old working 7 days a week out of town in Des Moines, Iowa as an equipment operator making union scale of $5.325 per hour....I ordered the truck, it took 3 weeks to get it, and I paid cash.

That's awesome! Says a lot to me about the kind kid you were at that age.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon

Sad thing is, a young guy today would have a better chance of flying to the moon than doing that today.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
That was some pretty damn good money back in the day, Brad.

Ryan

In today's money, that's like a 17 year old kid walking into a dealership with $20k in his/her pocket....impressive.

Sad thing is, a young guy today would have a better chance of flying to the moon than doing that today.

I know I needn't remind you of this Ernie, but for the younger set that might be reading......As a young guy back then life wasn't all that certain either. One of the reasons I bought that truck was to at least experience what it was like to do so before I died. As a 17 year old, I was months away from registering with the selective service. The evening news was like a horror show filled with footage of scenes from the war in S.E. Asia and reporting casualties of a conscripted military that were running some 2,000 a MONTH. Then they'd show the college campus unrest followed by cities with names like Watts, Harlem, or Selma that were literally burning because of racial riots. That was before they even got to the news of the local burglary or gas station heist.

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
My dad is the same age as you... He enlisted in the Air Force because all the people that got drafted into the Army were coming back in body bags...

They were rough times...

Ford Truck Articles