Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1970 f100 ranger

so tryin to get some opinions i dont have pics yet workin on that cause i bought the truck on leave and didnt think about pics at the time but workin on it anyways what i wanna do is put a 3-4 inch lift on it if i can find it suspension, probly 30 inch tires and my question is is what are some decent off roading/regular street tires. im getting a 390 put in it now and getting a new caborator so it can actually handle the off roadin. thanks

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
look into Cooper tires they made a takeoff of the BFgoodrich all terain tire. i had a set of these on my 77 f 100 stepside 33" in rear 31" up front.they have a moderate tread design that is excelant for on & off road & they hardly give off that loud roar that oversize tires do.best of all they were half the cost of the BF goodrich & i got very good wear out of them.

Fellro

Staff member
If you bother with a lift, might as well have minimum 33's under it. 30 is about what the stock size is.

look into Cooper tires they made a takeoff of the BFgoodrich all terain tire. i had a set of these on my 77 f 100 stepside 33" in rear 31" up front.they have a moderate tread design that is excelant for on & off road & they hardly give off that loud roar that oversize tires do.best of all they were half the cost of the BF goodrich & i got very good wear out of them.

you have a good website i can check em out on? also for a lift im havin the hardest time finding a lift for a 70

Well they say putting the 4x4 spring upper mount lowers a couple inches so I would think changing out the springs for 4x4 springs would raise it. That is without changing the upper spring mounts. Problem you are going to run into is positive camber. You could fab up extensions to drop the I Beam mounts down along with the radius arm mounts. This would solve the positive camber problem. Rear is simply using blocks between the axle and springs with longer U bolts. Plan on longer shocks all the way around.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts