Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My new ride....1970

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I didn't realize how much I missed my rig until I got it back....it was at a friends, who owns an auto electric shop, and he had it for a few weeks (I told him no rush and to hang on to it and use it if he wanted to) to install my cd player and cancel all of the wiring running around the rig because of all the fire department stuff; lights, winch, extra battery, cut off switch, etc. Anyways, it's all back to just one battery and no addtl stuff and the cd player works awesome with the original speakers in the dash. Sounds great.

I'm not sure what to do with the original AM/FM radio that came with the bump...maybe put it on ebay or something.

IMG00355-20110902-0919.jpg

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Looks Good, Ken. Do you have or will you put a surround between the cd and the dash. No ipod connection?

I'll have to custom fab something for around the cd player as he didn't have anything that would fit it. No ipod connection. The main reason for the stereo is just to give me something to listen to while driving around town. We bought the rig mostly for in-town winter 4wd driving for errands and a work truck in the summer, so that's all I really need. I have to order an antenna for the radio and found one on LMC for $14.95.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Does the original radio still work??? They're not big money items, but they usually sell pretty quick.

I have to order an antenna for the radio and found one on LMC for $14.95.

Dunno if this is a replica of the original, or just a general replacement...but I nabbed a general antenna from the Zone for the Bronco for like 4 bucks. It's held up just fine for 2 years. Also note, some twine and an extra set of hands will be your friend when you attempt to re-route.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Does the original radio still work??? They're not big money items, but they usually sell pretty quick.

Yeah man....still works.

Dunno if this is a replica of the original, or just a general replacement...but I nabbed a general antenna from the Zone for the Bronco for like 4 bucks. It's held up just fine for 2 years. Also note, some twine and an extra set of hands will be your friend when you attempt to re-route.

I didn't know if I needed a special one that would be specific to the rig....if all I need is some universal mount, then the VIP one will work for me. So, will one of those fit it ok?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I didn't know if I needed a special one that would be specific to the rig....if all I need is some universal mount, then the VIP one will work for me. So, will one of those fit it ok?

The Bronco had a square base, the cheapy replacement I got had a circle base, and outside of different paint shade, no problem. Another point of interest is making sure the antenna section from the back of your radio to the exterior antenna is long enough, and you'll be fine.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
The Bronco had a square base, the cheapy replacement I got had a circle base, and outside of different paint shade, no problem. Another point of interest is making sure the antenna section from the back of your radio to the exterior antenna is long enough, and you'll be fine.

Ben thanks.....will do!

460Trucker

Has the Cat Scratch Fever
Great lookin' truck you got there!

I didn't realize how much I missed my rig until I got it back....it was at a friends, who owns an auto electric shop, and he had it for a few weeks (I told him no rush and to hang on to it and use it if he wanted to) to install my cd player and cancel all of the wiring running around the rig because of all the fire department stuff; lights, winch, extra battery, cut off switch, etc. Anyways, it's all back to just one battery and no addtl stuff and the cd player works awesome with the original speakers in the dash. Sounds great.

I'm not sure what to do with the original AM/FM radio that came with the bump...maybe put it on ebay or something.

IMG00355-20110902-0919.jpg

Hang on to it as you may want to put it back to original one day - with mine i kept the original am/fm/cassette in it because the radio is'nt a standard din size - i bought an mp4 in car player which just plugs into the cigarette lighter socket and then it transmits a radio signal that you can tune in to i just loaded my cds on it which is great as no more cds to get scratched and no storage hassles.

it looks just like this one and cost about $35.00

car_mp4_player_92307_zoom.jpg

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles