Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Found small rubber hose dangling

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
underneath my truck this morning. Raised the hood and the other end was in the same tiedown as the wiring for the windshield wipers. I assume this must be the wiper fluid hose? I don't currently have a wiper fluid container, so cannot verify for sure. Anyone have any idea?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Sounds like your assumption is good to me. Did you try tracing said hose?

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
I don't currently have a wiper fluid container, so cannot verify for sure.
If you don't have the reservoir, you cannot install the w/shield washer pump.

The washer pump (C8SZ-17664-A) fits into the reservoir (C8TZ-17618-A) using a gasket (C8UZ-17B610-A), lock ring (382243-S) and washer filter (C8UZ-17K608-A).

The reservoir has a round hole at the bottom, the filter goes in first, followed by the lock ring, gasket and pump.

1968/70 F100/350 is the same. The whole tamale (including the routing of the hoses and etc.) is illustrated here: 1964/72 Ford Truck Parts Catalog / Illustration Section 175.1, Page 1.

This catalog is available on a CD from hipoparts.com for 22 bucks. EVERYONE that owns an old rolling pile of misery, needs the apropos parts catalog!

Last edited:
This is the best I have right now.

3 Printers and 2 of them the computer with W7 won't recognize and the other is almost out of ink as you can see.

I'll be back with a better one.
Click each image it make take 4 times until you see a highly magnified image

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
:rotz: Ach du lieber! ^^ That's the WRONG parts catalog, WRONG illustration and the WRONG parts catalog reference! ^^

The OP has a 1970 .. not a 1973. Open your peepers: 1964/72 truck catalog: Illustration Section 175, Page 1.

1973 uses totally different parts than 1968/70. 1971/72 is different than 1968/70.

If you don't post the correct pics, all that does is confuses peeps...and some are confused enough already.

Last edited:

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
I have that CD at home (thanks to your suggestion before).

And I did realize I needed the reservoir (among other parts), was just curious how the pump was mounted.

And I agree. I am confused enough already.

Fellro

Staff member
There are universal type units out there if you would so choose to do so.

Fellro

Staff member
I was thinking we had them in the store, will look into it in the morning

Fellro

Staff member
Autozone, for now. I get done with my engineering classes, that will be done.

Fellro

Staff member
Part #9-400, $15.99. Held it in my hand... Just couldn't find it in the computer, imagine that... :rolleyes:

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC

Fellro

Staff member
Since it is universal, it is not a direct fit, which is all that means, so you have to set it up. You have to wire it(two wires) and make it mount. I can get dims if you want, but don't work again until Sunday.

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
I will check it out again. The connectors are already there on the wiring harness, I just need to find out the dimensions of the reservoir to be sure I can find a place for it to fit.

Fellro

Staff member
Nearly forgot about getting the measurement, did forget for a while, but happened to remember today. It is approximately 8'" tall, 5" wide, 4" deep.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts