Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

s10 frame???

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Strange, I can't imagine wanting to use a different frame unless you're doing some crazy suspension alterations or if your frame is consumed with rust.

Ryan

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Ranger or S10. Serves for upgraded brakes, steering, along with aftermarket suspension support... Cheaper parts for suspension mods.

The S10 frame makes it easy to swap in the SBC or LS1....

I have a 65 f100 that is bolted to a 1996 ford explorer awd eddie bower with a 4.0 in it, looks really good.For me it's the parts availibility and reliability of fuel injection, the fuel these days sucks for carb'd engines.

I just finished a 1959 f100 short bed/1995 crown vic doner swap after a year of wrenching nights after work. I made my own frame with the suspension parts and the drive train from the vic. Kept the fuelinjection and disks but put in line locks and lost the abs.The rear is a triangulation 4 link with coils and air shocks and the front has independent control arms. The frame is a 120 wall 3x6" BOX--better than boxing channel!
Google image: lucky red 1959 ford f100 or f100 hood chop and follow the first pics of the ratty red shortbed with the 20" 5 star classic rims to their origin for detailed pics of the frame. I'm lucky red in all the forums. I'll post here if I get time. No regrets with my build! I saw if your gonna drive it, make it fun to drive!

Last edited:
This is the engine bay after the 1959 f100 / 1995 crown Vic frame swap.
Mine is a short bed 95 f100. The wheelbase is 4" less than the 95 Vic.
I cut the front and rear off the Vic frame and used box steel in the middle..
image.jpg

Ford Truck Articles