Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Owls Head Museum Spring Show 2015

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Wasn't sure if I was going to, but I took a ride over to the Owls Head Transportation Museum's Spring Auto Show this weekend.

I left work shortly before noon (almost on time!) Friday, and headed east, not quite sure where I'd stay the night. On a whim, I decided to ride up Mt. Washington- the weather was perfect, and on an out-of-season weekday there was virtually no one there.

Not a road if you've got a fear of heights. (Or, for that matter, a fear of your bike. It's not that technically challenging, but for a nervous rider it would be terrifying.)

IMG_0492_zps3pqurvze.jpg

Rider's eye view:
IMG_0491_zps586hjhoo.jpg

The weather for the car show was near-perfect, too (though it wasn't quite clear enough to fly their old planes). The Lincoln Owner's Club, and Lincoln Zephyr Owner's Clubs were featured at the show, and there were more, older Lincolns than I've ever seen in one place before. Beautiful cars.

No particular rhyme or reason to these photos, or their order...commentary if I've got it.

IMG_0494_zps1yjklmwp.jpg

IMG_0505_zps14a95exf.jpg

IMG_0501_zps4ru75ge4.jpg

IMG_0504_zpsovlljeai.jpg

IMG_0513_zpssnzmyqp3.jpg

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
IMG_0500_zps5gxvxj0r.jpg

IMG_0507_zpshrt0oswd.jpg

IMG_0518_zpsjmvl0nc9.jpg

IMG_0525_zpsrmbi0uh9.jpg

IMG_0520_zps4rddl3gp.jpg

IMG_0524_zpsxz4mwaip.jpg

IMG_0521_zpsrvorls3t.jpg

IMG_0537_zps0jvnmtqp.jpg

IMG_0535_zps7g7ciwof.jpg

Tilt wheels ain't nothin' new- this is a 1921 Lincoln:
IMG_0527_zps6mcwack4.jpg

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
IMG_0526_zpsyhbktlxo.jpg

IMG_0562_zpspv0q6xmx.jpg

IMG_0550_zpsjlwtwwee.jpg

IMG_0559_zpsoiktkhof.jpg

IMG_0551_zpsviw5q8kv.jpg

IMG_0544_zpserag3s6g.jpg

IMG_0547_zpsrd4bq9jg.jpg

There's not many cars you'll even notice parked next to an E-type Jag, and this is surely the only Chevy that I'd ever put in the foreground of this picture. (And even then, only because it's a drophead Jag. ;) )
IMG_0567_zpsqpjs1n4t.jpg

IMG_0569_zps5gke3uly.jpg

IMG_0574_zpsxbscfp2f.jpg

IMG_0589_zpseqhdh7h6.jpg

Of course, it's not all sunshine, curvy roads and beautiful cars...rained all the way home. So it goes, and I stayed mostly dry, and warm enough not to mind much.

IMG_0595_zpshwnovpq9.jpg

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Great pics Ian!..looks like a very cool car show.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Beautiful cars, beautiful scenery. I have never understood the use of an air foil on a truck that is shaped like a brick.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
Looks like a great ride to the show. The cars from yesteryear where beautiful with curves and style.
I'm with you Doug, why put a wing on a truck I have to laugh when I see one with one.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Thanks for posting Ian......I've been meaning to catch one of their shows one of these years.....now that the little ones are getting bigger and better to travel with (even a few hours), we'll start doing stuff like this....I hear it advertised every year.

And that dent? Not sure....I know a lot of work and dough went into it, but still not sure! :)

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Thanks for posting Ian......I've been meaning to catch one of their shows one of these years.....now that the little ones are getting bigger and better to travel with (even a few hours), we'll start doing stuff like this....I hear it advertised every year.

They really do a great job of making things fun for the little ones- pedal cars, build-your-own styrofoam airplanes, Model T rides...

And that dent? Not sure....I know a lot of work and dough went into it, but still not sure! :)
I'm quite sure it ain't my style, but to each his own...

That looks like you had a great trip Ian - really neat pics

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
They really do a great job of making things fun for the little ones- pedal cars, build-your-own styrofoam airplanes, Model T rides...

I'm quite sure it ain't my style, but to each his own...

Had no idea kids activities were there.....may add that as one of our Spring destinations.

Sent from my not so smart phone using Forum Runner! :)

Ford Truck Articles