Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

air injection tube

Im new here but could use some help. I'm getting my '81 F100 back on the road for my daughter and need a new air injection tube. It's a 300 straight 6 and I'm in California so I can't just do without. The last time it broke the dealer said it is no longer available so I fixed it. Well it is rusted out beyond repair now. LMC truck sent the wrong one and my local parts store can only get the wrong one. This one curves up in the back to accept a vacuum switch that is also connected to the exhaust. I bought the truck new and this is how it came. Does anyone know where to get one or how to get around this issue without moving to another state?

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
did you contact LMC about getting the right one or refunded on the wrong one?? their Customer service team is great about fixing mistakes.. if its discontinued you may need to either custom fab one if its a hard line or get a shop somewhere to make it.. had to get some ac hoses custom made once when they were discontinued...

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Rock auto has one
TANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS AT154 {#D6TZ9B445A} Info
MANIFOLD

$68.99

Last edited:

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Im new here but could use some help. I'm getting my '81 F100 back on the road for my daughter and need a new air injection tube. It's a 300 straight 6 and I'm in California so I can't just do without. The last time it broke the dealer said it is no longer available so I fixed it. Well it is rusted out beyond repair now. LMC truck sent the wrong one and my local parts store can only get the wrong one. This one curves up in the back to accept a vacuum switch that is also connected to the exhaust. I bought the truck new and this is how it came. Does anyone know where to get one or how to get around this issue without moving to another state?
E1TZ-9B445-A .. 300 I-6 Exhaust Air Supply Manifold-Use with CA emission / Marked: E1TE-9H445-AB / Obsolete

1981 E & F100/250.

No Ford dealer or obsolete parts vendor has any.

What the difference is between this & D6TZ-9B445-A (see post #3), I don't know.

Pic of the little charmer:

Attachments

• 20181028013256FPS-8472-B.jpg
Last edited:
Thanks for all of the help. I think the difference is one (the one I have) simply puts air into the exhaust. The one I need puts air to the back of the engine compartment where a vacuum controlled valve changes between post catalytic converter exhaust and said air. don't ask me why I can only guess it's a California thing.

So Bill are you saying that they are in fact not to purchased anywhere that you know of? You do seem to be the best info I've found. If I have to have one made the one they sent may be a good starting point.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
So Bill are you saying that they are in fact not to purchased anywhere that you know of?
No one has any of E1TZ-9B445-A

Maybe Gary can help you, he's an authority on these trucks and has put together a "garagemahal" for them.

[email protected] // Gary lives in OK

Last edited:

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
It's an air injection tube from the air pump into each cylinder.
The one on rock auto is as close as you get aftermarket.
Ford no longer makes the part
You may find one in the junk yard, but the condition will probably match yours

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
It's an air injection tube from the air pump into each cylinder.

The one on rock auto is as close as you get aftermarket. Ford no longer makes the part.

You may find one in the junk yard, but the condition will probably match yours, and be just as hard (maybe harder) to remove.
Fixed it for you... ;)

These tubes were crap, some thread into a large nut, but when you attempt to turn the nut, the tube twists and splits open.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Agreed. I have a head here with a perfect tube, and am scared of the day I have to remove it to rebuild the head

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
As long as it functions like stock, it will pass.

Only other option would be to fabricate one.

Believe me, I run into the same problem here in the east, Md has emissions laws too

So I'm going to use the available air injection tube and re route the other stuff using a combination of the original hoses and other hoses readily available. I won't know if it will work until some time in the future when I get it to the smog check garage so wish me luck.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Good luck. I'm sure you can get it to work. The system isn't that complecated

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Not sure if these pictures help. This is the one I was talking about in the garage.
Pretty sure it's the same as the one on Rockauto
501ec0483847db002c58587a7326cbd2.jpg
fc65ce756144eeb5ff3f87e661fa0068.jpg

Ford Truck Articles