Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1971 bed molding / trim needed

Hello all. I'm looking for used molding/trim for my 71 F250. The bed pieces in particular. Or perhaps someone makes quality reproductions? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

GR

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Welcome. Dennis Carpenter makes reproduction trim pieces from original ford tooling. They can be purchased directly from Dennis Carpenter, or purchased through distributors like Mac's Antique Auto Parts, etc.

Thank you. Dennis seems to be out of stock with no ETA while Mac seems to have inventory. Two great websites! Do you have any other restoration websites/parts sources for 5th gen trucks?

Thanks

GR

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
Try fordification.com for the 5th generation 67 to 72 trucks, they have quite a wealth of information on restoring these trucks. You might also want to check out LMC truck for your bedside moldings

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Hello all. I'm looking for used molding/trim for my 71 F250. The bed pieces in particular. Or perhaps someone makes quality reproductions?

1970/72 F100/350: THREE different types of upper body side mouldings. Is your truck a Sport Custom, Ranger or Ranger XLT?

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
1970/72 Ranger/Ranger XLT have 3 5/8" wide upper side mouldings.

Ranger mouldings have black painted inserts, Ranger XLT mouldings have walnut wood grained (decals) inserts.

Ford Truck Articles