Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

???

I am too young to talk about adult things like that. smilietease

I see quite a few of them at our truck shows and the T-bucket bash.

I run a Y-block though. Not much talk about them either. They sound good too. Not a flat head, but not bad.

JeffH just rebuilt his flat head. Take a look for his thread and the pics.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
I had a '47 Mercury Sedan that had the 239 flatty in it. It was unrestored but ran like a top. In fact, back in '01 I used it as my daily driver for most of the year. We hit some hard times and I refused to give up the merc, so it was my only ride. In '04 I finally sold it to somebody that could properly restore it. I never would have the time or money. I wish I would have kept it. Driving it around was so relaxing, like being in another time period.

mercury5.jpg

mymerccolor.jpg

That is very true Tony. It takes you away from the stress of every day life driving an original old vehicle. Just relax and enjoy the drive.

They were not made to go fast, but they were made to get you there.

That is why I drive mine as much as I can. I drive it to work a lot even.

captchas: Pics for you.....

DSCF0737.jpg

DSCF0669.jpg

DSCF0668.jpg

Last edited:

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
One day I will get another oldie. I saw a 40 Ford 1 ton with a flatty and 4 speed, but money wasn't where it needed to be.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Brian, in my eyes your truck is perfect. I love seeing unrestored vehicles still in great shape and even better being driven.

Thanks Tony.

To me restored is to take it completely apart and put it back exactly like the factory made it.

Mine will never be even close to that. Yes..someday I want to paint it and do a few mechanical things, but it is first and foremost a driver. It is a truck after all.

bobf100

JeffH gave me a ride in his F3 recently. His flat head just sings - it was a thrill that I'll not forget for a long time. You are absolutely right about it taking you back in time. Maybe he'll come along shortly and post a few more pictures. His truck and Brian's are both sweet and are awsome examples of pure stock Ford trucks as Henry built them.

Ford Truck Articles