Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

'73 F-100 Radiator

I'm new to the forum and hear you also discuss F-100s. I have a '73 Ranger XLT with a 360 engine. The radiator needs to be replaced and I can't find the right size replacement that fits the core support. I hear they used 2 core supports in that year. The tank is 24" X 24" X 1 7/8". The distance (side-to-side) between the mounting bracket holes is 25 3/4", and they are 11" apart, top to bottom. The shroud I have fits this radiator. Is there a source for this size radiator? LMC, NPD, Mac's, etc. doesn't show a radiator this size. I called Champion - they don't have one this size. The one they show that is right is 27 3/8 wide. My opening in the core support isn't that wide. I'm trying to avoid altering the core support and buying a new shroud. Does anyone have any ideas? This radiator carries the part number: D3TA-AHA, and under that it reads W MO 72 10. Thanks!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
If you have the original radiator, what about taking it to a radiator shop and having them recore it?

Welcome to the site.

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
LMC truck has radiators for the 73 - 79 F-100 to F-250. Is your truck an automatic? Or is a manual transmission?, another source that could be helpful to your local auto repair shops, for they might have a lead for you to where they get their radiators. They might be able to get one for you. I had a friend who has an auto repair shop get me a radiator for my 78 F-150 Ranger Lariat Traier Special with air conditioning and automatic transmission, and it cost me $300.00 installed. Is your truck a Camper or Trailer Special? They'll need that info to help you

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
LMC should be a persons last choice.

Fellro

Staff member
Not to mention, he already checked with LMC and no joy.

They are getting harder to find (local radiator repair shops), but depending how bad the damage is, a local shop should be able to salvage it.

Lmc does not have this size. I went to a local radiator sales shop and they have to send it out to another place to have it fixed. Sounds like this radiator is just so rare that it doesn't exist. My truck is an automatic with no AC. Would a 2 core aluminum replacement still need a shroud?

Fellro

Staff member
Well, it is possible since it is the first year of the new body that it was a running change. What you can do is measure the bolt spread on your radiator and compare it to the later larger radiators. Same for the shroud. While many are run without them, it is always best for fan efficiency to have the shroud in place.

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
I agree with Duncan. Keep the shroud, and I also agree with Fellro about measuring your bolt spacing for your radiator mounts and shroud. You might have to go for a later radiator. I think the automatic transmission cooler might be on the front of your core support. That's the where it is on my 78. But like Fellro said yours is the first year of the Dentsides aptly named because of the upper body contour line being concave, but your radiator could be a running year change.smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo

Ford Truck Articles