Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Powered by Ford...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Why did I not know these valve covers ever existed???

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mustang-Tor...Parts_Accessories&hash=item589426b5c3&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/71-Mustang-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item5649d28411&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-1971-1...Parts_Accessories&hash=item257120e3dd&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351C-POWER-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item43b0433aca&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-73-ori...Parts_Accessories&hash=item33769e7f1f&vxp=mtr

I always wanted a Powered by Ford VC on my rigs, but never saw one without a specific engine size, and never with the 400...so that relegated to generic VC's and I don't much care for the crinkle or black finned VC's...So I kept the stockers with the stamped Ford logo.

I think I'm in love with these covers. Only question I have is I read that some of these covers have drip fingers, dunno what they do or what they're for...but I hear they can create interference for some 335 Series...again why some and not others dunno. And why do some have drip fingers and others don't??? I'd really like to get a set to throw under Red's hood, but wanna make sure I'm not buying a $100-150 paperweight.

Oh...and I think these MT VC's would look good under the Bronco's hood:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOT-ROD-FOR...Parts_Accessories&hash=item20c5fce3d2&vxp=mtr

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Dang Ben I use to see valve covers like that at Pull A Part in W-S and Charlotte when I use to go there all the time.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
I know they are filthy, but I am partial to these on my 351M:

S1052181.jpg

I get excited just thinking about how cool they will look all clean and polished when I go through this motor. :D

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Damn...Holley is even cooler than the MT's...where in the hell can I find a set of those. Thanks alot...now productivity will cease until I find a set.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Just wait till they are all cleaned up. :D

primetime

sawmill slave
How much for stock valve covers??? And I just about have to beg people to give me a hunndo for the whole 351c?:hammer: I have one, maybe two sets of those.

I`d buy those M/Ts.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Two sets of the 'Powered by Ford' covers??? If you're interested in selling, shoot me a price and some pics.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I don't know what a drip rail is, but a nice set of steel & powder coated valve covers is really hot under the hood.

Ryan

Top of the valve cover inside to deflect oil to rocker arm. Baffle to stop oil from going out breather

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
You know, I've been lost in thought about what to put on my engine, I'm wondering if something that might fit.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
How much for stock valve covers??? And I just about have to beg people to give me a hunndo for the whole 351c?:hammer:

Funny how that works isn't it. You have an item with all the goodies that you can't give away...but you can make 10x's by parting out individual pieces from the parent item.

Top of the valve cover inside to deflect oil to rocker arm. Baffle to stop oil from going out breather

I've read that those drip fingers can cause interference problems on engines they didn't originate on, with no real info backing it up. I'm not well enough versed on the head componentry of the C to know any different...any insight???

You know, I've been lost in thought about what to put on my engine, I'm wondering if something that might fit.

Adss nice nostalgia, and prevents you from getting a VC that doesn't make sense on the engine or looks out of place. I would think though that a nice quality VC with a relatively 'flat' dome painted or chromed with a ghost 434 etched/painted/stenciled on the dome would be pretty cool.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I've read that those drip fingers can cause interference problems on engines they didn't originate on, with no real info backing it up. I'm not well enough versed on the head componentry of the C to know any different...any insight???

Adss nice nostalgia, and prevents you from getting a VC that doesn't make sense on the engine or looks out of place. I would think though that a nice quality VC with a relatively 'flat' dome painted or chromed with a ghost 434 etched/painted/stenciled on the dome would be pretty cool.

I think clearance issues can arise from non-factory rockers depending on the style.

I'm all over the map on the dress items for the engine, that is a cool idea.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'm all over the map on the dress items for the engine, that is a cool idea.

I got the idea from the 'Das Bronco' build on Trucks. They had some cheapy chrome vc's, they created a stencil that said 'Das Bronco' (or something)...masked off what they wanted to keep chrome, hit the VC's with the sand blaster, and left a brushed look of 'Das Bronco'. I wanted to do something similar for a nice build, but don't have the build yet...hahaha.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I'll check that out..thanks!

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
I got the idea from the 'Das Bronco' build on Trucks. They had some cheapy chrome vc's, they created a stencil that said 'Das Bronco' (or something)...masked off what they wanted to keep chrome, hit the VC's with the sand blaster, and left a brushed look of 'Das Bronco'. I wanted to do something similar for a nice build, but don't have the build yet...hahaha.

Excuses.... smilietease

Unfortunately UT I can't PM you back because I only have 2 posts, but here's a pic of mine: These:
IMG_2670.jpg

IMG_1969.jpg

Where are you at? I'm in Killeen, TX.

As far as price, I was about to junk them anyway so whatever the cost is to get them to you.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Sounds good man...shot you another PM with my details and a way to contact me.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts