Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

fuel pump went out

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
plain and simple fuel pump went out on F250. so im fixing it.. all the while trying to sell it...

had spark, had air... wouldnt push fuel.. throw some fuel down carb it'd fire up... and then try to get it to fire up again.. nothing.. no fuel coming past fuel pump..

Last edited:
Not really a hard job. Why in the world are you wanting to sell it? Are u never satisfied? lol

Last edited:
plain and simple fuel pump went out on F250. so im fixing it.. all the while trying to sell it...

had spark, had air... wouldnt push fuel.. throw some fuel down carb it'd fire up... and then try to get it to fire up again.. nothing.. no fuel coming past fuel pump..

Better it went now than having some 10 foot tall gorilla *****in :argue: at you because it died on the way to its new home

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
The fuel pump on that should literally be $20 and about 15 minutes (excluding drive time to the parts store) to complete...cheaper if you have a Carter or Holley that blew a diaphragm and is rebuildable. Other potential causes...cheap fuel line is collapsing on itself not allowing flow...or you have a hidden fuel filter somewhere along the frame rail that's clogged. Potentially worse...a damaged fuel eccentric...in which case, go electric pump for the sale...but a cheapy from Autozone will run you $40-50.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Are those pictures of an engine of yours, Ben?
Have you had it overhauled since then, or what?

My guess is there's an added 2 degrees of cam
timing -retard- in that worn timing-set. :)

Alvin in AZ

That was the original 351M in the Bronco...since then, it's seen 2 different 400's...and the last 400, I rebuilt the whole top end...and she purrs really nice now.

That was the original 351M in the Bronco...since then, it's seen 2 different
400's...and the last 400, I rebuilt the whole top end...and she purrs really
nice now.
Cool! :)

It'd be cool to have a stroker kit in a 351w. ...383w or 408w either one.

The ~135k '91 Bronco 351w engine I took apart the same way, had much
less slack and -> way <- cleaner inside than that engine. :) The oil hadn't
been kept changed worth anything on that 351m engine at some point. :/

Alvin in AZ

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Cool! :)

It'd be cool to have a stroker kit in a 351w. ...383w or 408w either one.

The ~135k '91 Bronco 351w engine I took apart the same way, had much
less slack and -> way <- cleaner inside than that engine. :) The oil hadn't
been kept changed worth anything on that 351m engine at some point. :/

Alvin in AZ

Keep in mind that engine was really only running on 5 cylinders...it was in bad shape when I got it...and decided to let it go til it died and seized...10k of hard driving, lots of trips through the mountains back and forth to school. Eventually the truck sank to double digit hp and tq numbers and I decided to put out to pasture...and sold it as a core to a buddy.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts