Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

F Series Queries

Ford produced many special editions over the years. Among them are the Deluxe Cabs, Five Star Cabs, XLT, XLS, "Cruisin Vans", and more. Option packages of note were the "Eddie Bauer" edition and the 1995 designer model where Only 500 of the latter were ever produced, making it a rare beast indeed. What was the name of this rare beast?

No, Lightening was not it. It bears the name sake a well-known person, tho.

In the Automotive world, especially. But well-known enough that he is probably well known OUTSIDE of automotive as well.
Here is a picture of one of them.
95F150speced.jpg

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
I did a double take when I glanced at the title of this thread. I thought you were talking about Carl. :nana:

Hah.... shows where your mind was... get it outta the gutter, bud...:rofl:

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
I have no idea, but it's prolly a take-off on the various Lincoln Town Car designer series. It can't be a Bill Blass Edition, or could it. A J Mays edition?

??

you were real close on that AJ Mays idea....

regarding the lincoln truck, a question:
was the lincoln produced in canada, like the older trucks were?

Never mind, just read the wiki info. Claycomo MO.

Last edited:

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
It's actually just plain old J Mays. He doesn't use a period after J So as not to confuse the issue, I'm not either.

Famous "Show Me" Stater: Harry S Truman: He didn't use a period after the S because the S stands for nothing. He had two relatives who had different names beginning with S that's why there's no period. The S represents two relatives.

btw: My Lady is from Missouri, and I have the papers to prove it...the AKC papers. Lady is a Basset Hound.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
If I was close with Mays (J not Willie), could it be the special edition was named after a previous Ford stylist? I can't remember who the previous ones were. I'd have to look it up, and that's cheating. If I can't answer "off the cuff" I don't reply. The most famous auto stylist was Harley Earl, followed by Bill Mitchell, both from GM.

regarding the lincoln truck, a question:
was the lincoln produced in canada, like the older trucks were?

Never mind, just read the wiki info. Claycomo MO.

I don't know how old you are referring to being built in Canada. My 56 was assembled in GA. There were quite a few other assembly plants in the US for them. The Canadian built trucks back then were designated "mercury" as far as I know.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
This guy is more known for speed than for style.
Only 500 made, it's gotta be some well known person. Hmmm NASCAR. Dale..uh nope, not hardly, and Richard Petty only drove for Ford in 1969. Mark Martin? Dale Jarrett?

Ford Truck Articles