Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Wooooooooooohooooooooo...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Finally found another set of Doug Thorley Tri-Y headers for the 335 series. Not sure if they're 2wd or 4wd yet...but I want them regardless to play with the fitment. Little back history...Thorley made these headers from 79-83 for 2wd and 4wd vehicles. The tri-y's are the last of the headers Thorley made for the 351m/400 iirc. This is only the 3rd set I've seen...the other two were a split, 1 4wd, one 2wd. I'm pretty stoked regardless, these headers never come up...super thick flanges, the legendary tri-y design and the want factor is there for something that doesn't come up often. Back when I was on the other site, there were a couple guys that worked closely with the header industry...specifically Thorley. He got a quote to recreate these headers, min order was 3 sets...and it was $3500 a set...not really cost effective.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
That does sound pretty cool...how did they exit?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Cool! Pics of said headers would be interesting

Waiting for the guy to return my message, hoping to pay for them today.

That does sound pretty cool...how did they exit?

To be honest, I'm not 100% certain...being a tri-y I'd assume fender. I've never actually ever seen a set fitted to a vehicle...and I've never been able to find any actual documentation on the headers, short of forum folklore.

Sidebar...googling for info on the headers, I found 2 more NOS sets from a speed shop that closed down at the beginning of the month. Can't see the pics from work, but at the asking price, I might buy both sets.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts