Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

front end parts

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
My friend needs to rebuild the front end* in his '08 F-350 (4x4 PSD, if it matters)...wonders where a good place to get the parts is.

Are there aftermarket (parts-house) brands that are worth anything, or should he look for Motorcraft stuff?

*That's the extent of what I know...I assume he means front suspension (ball joints, tie rods, etc.) but it is a 4x4, so I guess he could mean the axle. [confused]

EDIT: Yes- suspension parts.

Last edited:

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
On a more thoroughly awake reread of his email:

I need to rebuild the front end in the truck. Anywhere I can get a full rebuild kit? Bearings ball joints u-joints everything.

I think he's actually looking for a kit he can order all as one with everything he'll need. Anybody?

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I don't think a front end kit would exist on something as a 2008. That sounds goofy.

I've had good luck with Moog parts but they're a little pricey.

Ryan

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Why is it any goofier than any other year? He just wants to order a box with all the parts he needs.

Truck's probably got 145k on it...

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I'd be putting genuine Ford parts on it myself. Wasn't there a guy here that could get good prices on them?
Should be easy to order all the parts needed.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I guess I've never heard of anyone buying "all the front end parts" in a box before. I don't run around with gear heads though so maybe I'm totally lost.

Ryan

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Sometimes aftermarket places will offer an "inclusive rebuild kit" for various things.
I think it's fairly easy to get the indivdual part numbers and order them up.

Ford Truck Articles